iTunes programme problem (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
My mac has stopped recognising Audio CDs. I put the disc in and itunes would usually open and display the CD in the left column but this doesn't happen anymore. Plus I can't eject the disc. The workaround I have come up with is to open Toast and attempt to burn a disc. Toast would then say that this disc cannot be written on and eject it.

What's going on?

Anthony said:
My mac has stopped recognising Audio CDs. I put the disc in and itunes would usually open and display the CD in the left column but this doesn't happen anymore. Plus I can't eject the disc. The workaround I have come up with is to open Toast and attempt to burn a disc. Toast would then say that this disc cannot be written on and eject it.

What's going on?

!bing
I experienced a similar problem some time back. You know in SYSTEM PREFERENCES, you can specify what the machine does if you insert: blank disc;audio disc;dvd,etc....check these out. I set these again and re-booted the machine and its been ok since.

Good luck dude

Anthony said:
didn't work

another option would be to go to the system diagnostics section in utilities and repair the disk permissions. this generally cleans up any complications within the system.It might have been something simple that stopped it reading the discs....computers can be weird sometimes!!!

Usually if a disc is trapped in a mac rebooting and holding the mouse button down does a force-eject of the disc as the system boots, thats trick has worked since the days of floppies

Is it still recognising data cd's no problem?

go into your home directory preferences folder and move the following files to the desktop
com.apple.iTunes.plist
com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist
com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist

or any other iTunes .plist files in there. Relaunch iTunes and see what happens, sometimes dumping these plist files solves problems

neither of those suggestions work, sorry. Strange thing is I burned 2 CDRs in the drive today using Toast. And Toast's "drive info" can always tell what's on the disc in the drive.

Could this be a case of the copy protected disc killing your mac's cd drive I've heard about? The last audio CD I put in it was Ani Difranco's Evolve which has no mention of it being protected on it and I have 'ituned' a song off of that album before.

On the macworld forum they are saying it could be a dodgy cable which I doubt because Toast can read the discs easily.

oh and it's not seeing data discs either.
?

Have you your iTunes library path sent to your fancy new ext HD, or do you rip, copy, delete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back