Its just over 24 hours til the end of the world! (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The countdown timer was set to the 15th of May because there was no definite time given for the actual activation, recent events show that CERN wont be dividing by zero until much later on in the year, so now the countdown timer will be reset and again and will be continually tweaked to go by the latest info that CERN are releasing.

So sorry to dissapoint you all, but you wont be dying tomorrow.

Ah well.

three likely scenarios:
1) nothing happens, some nerds drink champagne and take the next morning off
2) the solar system instantly collapses into a black hole, all life is instantly destroyed
3) the solar system collapses into a black hole, all time and space is suspended, but human conciousness turns out to be transcendent after all, and we remain aware of our eternal suspension
4) donnie darko sacrifices himself and saves everyone by going back and letting the engine crush him
5) five?!

Another scenario is it might accidentally create a wormhole and 2008 becomes year-zero for time travel. The theory being that time travel is only possilbe back to the moment the first 'time machine' is created.
So from that moment on we might be visited by BEINGS FROM THE FUTURE!

In reality nothing will happen. They'll just use it to uncover some more interesting properties of string theory and quantum physics etc

I don't know about you guys, but I'm posting here and it's 2056.

That Kevin Costner movie, the Postman, isn't too far off the mark.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm posting here and it's 2056.

That Kevin Costner movie, the Postman, isn't too far off the mark.
Oh, is that the one where he used to be a golf pro? Did you see the amount of golf gadgets yer one had when she turned up for her first lesson??? Should have heard the laughs outta me!

Another scenario is it might accidentally create a wormhole and 2008 becomes year-zero for time travel. The theory being that time travel is only possilbe back to the moment the first 'time machine' is created.
So from that moment on we might be visited by BEINGS FROM THE FUTURE!

In reality nothing will happen. They'll just use it to uncover some more interesting properties of string theory and quantum physics etc

chris marker said:
He was the man whose story we are telling.

He was frightened. He had heard about the Head Experimenter. He was prepared to meet Dr. Frankenstein, or the Mad Scientist. Instead, he met a reasonable man who explained calmly that the human race was doomed.

Space was off-limits. The only hope for survival lay in Time. A loophole in Time, and then maybe it would be possible to reach food, medicine, sources of energy.
This was the aim of the experiments: to send emissaries into Time, to summon the Past and Future to the aid of the Present.

But the human mind balked at the idea. To wake up in another age meant to be born again as an adult. The shock would be too great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back