Its just over 24 hours til the end of the world! (1 Viewer)

Are you serious? Are they actually turning that thing on? I only heard of this things existance last week, and I was so terrified that I cried.

Don't, but talk to everyone you love over the next day, and let them know you love them, and go to confession

i wanted to work at CERN when i was a physics student
i for one am looking forward to having my molecules inverted.

Is it likely we're all going to die? Seriously, like, should I get flights tomorrow to be with my family?

three likely scenarios:
1) nothing happens, some nerds drink champagne and take the next morning off
2) the solar system instantly collapses into a black hole, all life is instantly destroyed
3) the solar system collapses into a black hole, all time and space is suspended, but human conciousness turns out to be transcendent after all, and we remain aware of our eternal suspension
4) donnie darko sacrifices himself and saves everyone by going back and letting the engine crush him
5) five?!

there's an infinitesimally small chance that the outcome of the particle collision under these extreme conditions will result in a black hole - the theoretical limit point of time and space - which will instantly expand and turn the vicinity of our solar system into a void

i like the other doomsday possibility - that the temporary black holes they hope to create don't disappear, but float away from the collider to the centre of the earth, where they slowly grow and devour it from the inside. that's a pretty picture.

blackholesunag2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back