Its getting me down... (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 2
I get very down some days, with just an infant and two dogs for company, listening to all the doom and gloom on the radio. I have visions of defending my stock of baked beans with a shotgun. But the media talk things down just as well as they talked things up and I have to remind myself that things could be a lot worse. I could live in Gaza, or Darfur, or I could be Jade Goody.

Are ya with me? If enough of us turn up he can't fight us all off. It'll be like Dawn Of The Dead except with whiskey.
we should make him a card too, lots of glitter and paint.
shiny stuff- the ultimate blues buster.

January was getting me down and househunting was getting to me. But now I've found a great new place to live so things are looking up. I think things getting you down is all relative anyways. It's how much you allow things to get to you depending on how you're feeling anyways. Like it just encourages you to feel worse when you're already feeling down

this whole anglo Irish Bank things is pissing me right off, just listening there to the 'no comment' sound bites by the board directors and accountants.. make ya sick..these people should be hung.
Few lads I go to college with have been let go, one after 30 years. It's one thing reading and seeing it on the news, seeing really worried/angry people is an huge eye opener.
here's something that might give yez a chuckle
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think we should all write a a song of hope and record it together in a big room, with cameras.

I actually have a few thoughts on that.

First though SECURIGAZ© must go and keep things secure.

Laters.

I have visions of defending my stock of baked beans with a shotgun.
Haha! Snap, except for I'm defending my precious hens

I reckon it's the ideal time to start a business, cos if you can make it work in the current climate you'll clean up when things eventually recover. Provided the oul four horsemen don't arrive first

have any of you thought about letting Jesus into your lives?

Slayer-GodHatesUsAll-WhiteSleeve.jpg

everything's getting me down too.recession,road closing,everyone being unemployed,still havent bought a gaff, nearly 30 etc etc.... i'm gonna go to bed, wake me up when everything is normal again.thanks dudes

this whole anglo Irish Bank things is pissing me right off, just listening there to the 'no comment' sound bites by the board directors and accountants.. make ya sick..these people should be hung.
Few lads I go to college with have been let go, one after 30 years. It's one thing reading and seeing it on the news, seeing really worried/angry people is an huge eye opener.
here's something that might give yez a chuckle
YouTube - The Benny Hill Show-End Credits

I once broke bad news to my other half while playing the Benny hill music...i thought it would lighten the mood. it did a little bit. I recommend it..

I just checked my bank balance online :eek:
SHITTY SHITTY FUCK FUCK

Tis mighty depressing. There are so many people looking for work I suppose I should be grateful for having a job.
If anyone is out of work and bored maybe do a bit of volunteering to get youself going again. Even if you headed to your nearest charity shop or something.Try not to stay in on Friday nights listening to Friday Night 80s with someone called Phil, : (

Cheer yourself up by having a go at reinacting this scene with a friend.

everything's getting me down too.recession,road closing,everyone being unemployed,still havent bought a gaff, nearly 30 etc etc.... i'm gonna go to bed, wake me up when everything is normal again.thanks dudes

The fact you still haven't bought a gaff should have you jumping for joy. You don't have a massive mortgage on a gaff that's worth fuck all.

Save a few bob over the next couple of years and you'll buy a mansion beside the sea for half the price that some people have paid for one bedroom shoeboxes the last couple of years.

If this was China they would be shot. Paraded through the streets first on an open trailer and then blindfolded and shot. But if it was the US they'd be in jail. Here they just have to apologise, and, ah shure...

This cheers me right up every time. Because it's about as perfect as a song and video can be (imho, of course):

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back