''It Might Get Loud'' (1 Viewer)

Anthem

Anyone see this brilliant documentary?

It features Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge all discussing their love for 'the axe'- what turned them on to it and how it changed their lives.
Three great guitarists all with their own unique spin on the instrument - well worth a look.

Anyone see this brilliant documentary?

It features Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge all discussing their love for 'the axe'- what turned them on to it and how it changed their lives.
Three great guitarists all with their own unique spin on the instrument - well worth a look.

Jack White is a bit of a tool in this.

At the start he's asked when driving to meet the other two...
Interviewer
What do you think will happen when you all meet?

Jack White
When we all meet? Probably a fist fight.

Really, Jack? You think 60-whatever year old Jimmy Page and The Edge are just going to decide to fight you?

I thought it was alright.

The Edge and Jimmy Page came across as really nice guys. Not so much Jack White, but he had the more interesting story IMO. He seemed to loosen up a bit as things went on.

I think watching this movie even though it wasn't the most amazing made me somehow less embarassed to be a guitarist.

Jack White is a bit of a tool in this.

At the start he's asked when driving to meet the other two...
Interviewer
What do you think will happen when you all meet?

Jack White
When we all meet? Probably a fist fight.

Really, Jack? You think 60-whatever year old Jimmy Page and The Edge are just going to decide to fight you?

Pretty sure he was joking.

I think White mis-judged the tone of the film. He was a bit like Bono, he couldn't "switch off," and had to keep the pretense going that he's more interesting than he was. The part where he's listening to Son House, pretending to be incredibly moved by it, was very contrived. Compare that with Jimmy Page listening to Link Wray with a big smile on his face.

I thought it was good overall, and I was impressed with Edge and Pages natural approach to explaining their style.

How about a sequel? Neil Young, Kevin Sheilds....and....?

Tom Morello, Jeff Beck, Josh Homme.

Tom Morello is actually great fun.

They definitely need to make a series out of this.

nah, yer first suggestion wins out. Neil Young's sound is infinitely more appealing and interesting than Angus's.

My thinking is that Thurston & Neil are kinda in the same camp sonically yet the trio needs an elder statesman and Angus is perfect. The trio have to be very different for it to work. Neil & Thurston would gang up on Prince, Angus would level the playing field.

My thinking is that Thurston & Neil are kinda in the same camp sonically yet the trio needs an elder statesman and Angus is perfect. The trio have to be very different for it to work. Neil & Thurston would gang up on Prince, Angus would level the playing field.

do you really want Prince talking about guitars though? He'd just be all 'every guitar-line I ever played except for the stuff earlier this morning was rubbish and I don't wanna talk about it, next question!'

roger daltry,avril lavigne,liam gallagher

replace Liam Gallagher with Bonehead and I can secure you some funding

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back