isis & jesu update, new times & extra band (this friday, april 22) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3
needtokill said:
Isis were tight,loud, and boring as hell.:mad: Isis fans - go buy a Neurosis album,finish puberty and fuck off.

Hilarious -why always with the drama? I remember talking to you and you practically jizzing your pants and delighted when someone once called DEBT "the Irish Isis", back when you were sound.

Here we go, from a few years ago:

el Jefe
user_offline.gif

anyone heard of Debt?
hello there,
I was just wondering if anyone'd heard of this band called Debt? i gather they're from ireland and sound a bit like Isis/ neurosis/ stuff like that, so i thought this would be the best place to ask. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
BYE!

not only have I heard of them mate, I was in them.There's an mp3 of one of our tunes on this very site in fact.

The Neurosis/Isis comparison is a little off the mark, cos a)we were wayyyyy faster, and b)they're far better than we ever were.Think His hero is Gone or early Cattlepress.

[email protected] for more info

neurosis are one of my favourite metal bands and all....but have some fairly cheesy stuff,id reccommend isis over them anyday.
missed this gig cus of wolf eyes in glasgow,from the sounds of things i think i made the right choice,didnt think isis would be too good after panopticon.

error type 11 said:
Neurosis - cheesy stuff :confused:

Surely you jest
ah now i love them to bits but they can be a bit cheesy.. I STOOOD ON THE HIILLLL WHICH WAS MADE OF EEAAARRRRRRTTHHHHHH AND I FELT THE BLOOOOOOD OF MY ANCESTORRRRRRSSS FLOWWWING THROUGH MY VEEIIIINNNNNSSSS AND I FELT STTRRRRROOOOOONNNNGGGGGG!!!!! it's not quite 'stonehenge! where the demons dwell!' buh still...

Super Dexta said:
ah now i love them to bits but they can be a bit cheesy.. I STOOOD ON THE HIILLLL WHICH WAS MADE OF EEAAARRRRRRTTHHHHHH AND I FELT THE BLOOOOOOD OF MY ANCESTORRRRRRSSS FLOWWWING THROUGH MY VEEIIIINNNNNSSSS AND I FELT STTRRRRROOOOOONNNNGGGGGG!!!!! it's not quite 'stonehenge! where the demons dwell!' buh still...

Smoke a spliff, throw in the dvd, it'll all be grand
.|..|

Super Dexta said:

exactly!great band though...but shit like that,no

ISIS really didn't do it for me at all. Great sound but the singers beard was just awful. It was a constant distraction throughout the whole set. I kept trying to look up at the deadly backdrop but the beard just kept pulling my eyes back down.

I hope they never play here again.

The first few Isis records I heard were pretty good. but in fairness they have become a bit shit. Still boring live. Neurosis however,even though the last few records didn't blow me away were incredible every time I saw them.

I think Jesu could be seen as more boring then Isis, I still like them a lot, but it's a big drone. Isis' music changes a lot more than Jesu's.

Thought Isis were better than Jesu. Jesu could have been a lot better if that drummer wasnt so sloppy. Took a lot out of their performance.

São Paulo Punk said:
ISIS really didn't do it for me at all. Great sound but the singers beard was just awful. It was a constant distraction throughout the whole set. I kept trying to look up at the deadly backdrop but the beard just kept pulling my eyes back down.

Are we talking Downcast/Lungfish style beards here?

mac warzonescum said:
Are we talking Downcast/Lungfish style beards here?

It was a hairy square hanging off his chin. I'd say he'd spent a good part of the day trimming it before the show. I havent seen facial hair like that since Star Trek, y'know when they change the features of a human ever so slightly to try and pass them off as an alien, saving thousands on make-up in the process.

São Paulo Punk said:
It was a hairy square hanging off his chin. I'd say he'd spent a good part of the day trimming it before the show. I havent seen facial hair like that since Star Trek, y'know when they change the features of a human ever so slightly to try and pass them off as an alien, saving thousands on make-up in the process.

Dude thats the jealousy speaking. You want Aaron Turners beard. Its fuckin amazing looking. I really wanna grow one like that.

São Paulo Punk said:

Looks like they gave this one the Red Dwarf space mumps. Either that or they transplanted his butt to the top of his head. I wonder if he has a really hairy hole?

Cormcolash said:
Looks like they gave this one the Red Dwarf space mumps. Either that or they transplanted his butt to the top of his head. I wonder if he has a really hairy hole?

I'm gonna be unfashionable and say that Isis were great and Jesu were turd but I have to agree on the beard - twas awful!

Again, I'm probably jealous because my own hair growing facilities are sadly lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back