ISH Magazine Launch Party Lineup (2 Viewers)

ISHDenise

final_ish_redlogo.jpg

24th September @ Temple Bar Music Centre

Main Stage:
Republic of Loose (Johnny Pyro)
Juno Falls (Blo.tooth)
mike got spiked
Skyjack
Fresno

Acoustic Room:
Guggenheim Grotto
Beautiful Losers
Primed
Ciara* Allen

Outside:
Fire Poi artists
Tribal percussionists

PLUS: Very VERY special guests on the night

Mark your diaries, 'cause this is gonna be a stormer!!

Coming soon: www.ishmagazine.net

This looks like its gonna be a stormer of a gig, I have worked with 5 of the bands mentioned above and I'd put them all in my top twenty atleast, maybe even top ten best unsigned bands I have ever seen.
Skyjack, Mike got Spiked, Juno Falls, Primed and The Beautiful Losers will not disappoint.

Come along, would be cool to get as many people interested in the Music Scene in Ireland to actually do something about it and support things like this.

Niall.

so, um what's ish magazine? or was this explained before and i just missed/ignored it?

ISH magazine is being run by Denise Williams who is the Magazine's Editor, I am helping out a little bit here and there and the best scope that I have on it is that it helps unsigned bands in Ireland by giving them exposure, its going to full color and glossy cover like Hot Press and it will be free of charge like the Event Guide, so its best of both worlds only the content will be different every issue ( not like the tons of crap that you read in Hot Press every week ). So if you want to know more about it and if you want to meet the people that are running it then why don't you come down to the Music Centre on Wednesday week and see whats going on with it.

Niall

hey you should pay me to write for the magazine.
all the thumped heads would buy it if i wrote for it

right guys?

andrew

Niall S. said:
its going to full color and glossy cover like Hot Press and it will be free of charge like the Event Guide

Wow, I admire your daring!
How can you afford to do that?
How often will it come out?

Keeror said:
Wow, I admire your daring!
How can you afford to do that?
How often will it come out?

Well, I did a bit of drug running from Cuba when I was living in the States, so now I can afford to have pet projects like ISH. It's been my dream to use my drug money to support starving artists.

:D

ISH will be monthly, btw.

ISHDenise said:
Well, I did a bit of drug running from Cuba when I was living in the States, so now I can afford to have pet projects like ISH.

Ah, I see.
So, Cuba has a serious drugs output then?
An Indonesian and a Cuban were discussing this recently (both are friendss of mine).
The Indonesian said that everyone in Indonesia believes that the best drugs in the world come from Cuba. The Cuban thought this was nonsense, as Fidel isn't into narcotics at all. My own feeling was that the Indonesians had Cuba and Columbia mixed up.

Keeror said:
Ah, I see.
So, Cuba has a serious drugs output then?
An Indonesian and a Cuban were discussing this recently (both are friendss of mine).
The Indonesian said that everyone in Indonesia believes that the best drugs in the world come from Cuba. The Cuban thought this was nonsense, as Fidel isn't into narcotics at all. My own feeling was that the Indonesians had Cuba and Columbia mixed up.

Indeed, 'tis a common mistake. However, most people don't realise the crazy amounts of drugs comin' out of Cuba as well. It's really easy to get the refugees to carry them over on their rafts.

I also dabbled in cigar-running, but that wasn't working out because I kept getting caught in airport security with the darn things hidden in my toothbrush holder.

nlgbbbblth said:
Let's Hear It For The Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry maybe that was *Deniece* Williams
You hear it once, you've heard it a million times. Well, it's better than the whole Denise/Denephew thing, at least!

On another note -- Oi! Everybody come to this gig!

Whoohoo! Credible word on the street has it that certain members of certain high-profile bands are planning to be in attendance at the ISH launch, and I for one can't wait to ogle at them and drool and just generally be starstruck. Excellent.

ISHDenise said:
Whoohoo! Credible word on the street has it that certain members of certain high-profile bands are planning to be in attendance at the ISH launch, and I for one can't wait to ogle at them and drool and just generally be starstruck. Excellent.
Like who?

billygannon said:
Like who?
Guest DJ on the night is Gavin Fox of Idlewild. Special Guest MC and other special guests to be announced. When I good and well feel like it. ;)

Biddybump!

This is on tonight y'all. It's shapin' up to be a really really good night. I'm sh*ittin my pants 'cause I got a call from RTE tonight and they're comin down to the Music Centre to do a piece on the magazine. I'm freaked out, I don't know how they even heard about it! Whoo-hoo!

Hope to see some of ye there!

~D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back