Is Thumped bad for you?? (1 Viewer)

if i brought my work home i could probably do a weeks worth in a 3 or 4 hours. It took my 5 weeks to do a certain project that should have taken 10 hours, lord have mercy on my distracted soul. But seriously, giving you the internet at work and expecting you to do any work, its like having God in the passenger seat and not asking him any questions. Everything known to man is infront of me on a screen and i'm supposed to make text edits all day!

in my last job i was constantly told to stop using the internet because it was against company policy, but i didn't, that's how dedicated - or bored i was. as you know i soon left after my final warning

thumped use is a function of how disinterested in work on a given day you are. the more time i spend on thumped generally the more depressed i feel at how shit my job must be - regardless of how much fun i'm having online. its a good test of your resolve aswell - seeing how long you can spend away from it. i find the interaction is addictive. i call random thumpster fuckface. random thumpster engages in reciprocal abuse (eg. insults my dear momma) and that's the whole afternoon gone.

i find just reading can be quite boring.

but its the covert fun that keeps me coming back for more. its like finding a hole in your pocket at mass. you have all the appearances of being a devout practitioner of gods work when you're actually getting your jollies to the max.
'cept you dont get paid to go to mass and you cant get excommunicated if you get caught.

I got internet access at work last year but am online only briefly during work. Probably around 10/15 mins in total over the course of the day. I am just too busy to spend anymore time on the net.

At home I might spend 90 mins each evening on thumped.
Surfing at home in the evenings is so much better than at work. Simultaneous records playing, food, drinks, tv etc.

A moderate amount of Thumped is good for me. I work on my own most of the time, and so the instant validation of my existence through fart jokes can be really good.

However, I'm often on more than I know is good for me. After a while, I start to realise I could be reading a nice book, or doing some actual work, after which I could read a nice book without any guilt. Or even do stuff where I get to see other humans.

If I'm doing work that has a specific deadline, isn't a huge project, and will be done within a few days, I'm good at focusing, but when it comes to thesis stuff, I often have to unplug the internet connection and take it into another room, or I will be completely sucked in. Thumped is the reason I won't let myself get WiFi.

i have to teach a group of foreign students about modal verbs tomorrow and right now i am meant to be makin up a series of activities to get them to understand it better but thumped is distracting me..
it is bad..

it would be nice to have an option in your account to ban yourself from thumped for a few hours in the day

actually you could probably download some plugin for your browser to do that sort of thing hmmm

i have learned that staying away from thumped is very bad for you. i missed the les georges leningrad gig because i didnt look on this and there was fuck all promotion elsewhere. now i've learned my lession.

1000smurfs said:
it would be nice to have an option in your account to ban yourself from thumped for a few hours in the day

actually you could probably download some plugin for your browser to do that sort of thing hmmm

WHAT HAVE I DONE?????!!!

fuck off outta this thread, yer banned

*erases hlag from thread, soviet-stylee

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back