IS PATTON TAKING THE PISS?? (1 Viewer)

lorcanzo (12 Mar, 2002 01:48 p.m.):
fuck
imagine paying to see a gig then having them piss on you...
christ

[1]unless it was britney of course[/1]

might make some people take a shower after gigs...theres a few that i know who don't, so maybe him pissing on the crowd might be a good thing!

Rimbaud (13 Mar, 2002 04:56 p.m.):
THIS TOPIC IS DEAD.
IT WAS YESTERDAYS NEWS..SO YOUR A DAY BEHIND LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN YOUR LIFE.
TO SEE THE FUTURE - WWW.THELOCUST.COM

well i'm just a bit slow what can i say?

Anyone at the gig?

I decided at the last minute to go, but didn't pay the full rip-off 31.50, got a 25 ticket off the guy outside, but I still don't think it was worth it. Sound was bad and well the music just isn't that great.

Although the "how are you all, you potato eatin' motherfuckers" was original.

There was quite a big crowd, not huge, but the place was pretty much "occupied" rather than full. I'm no good at guessing crowd numbers. I'd say a lot of people were like me and decided at the last minute to go.

I got a last minute ticket and popped along.

I'd heard nothing from Tomahawk before and wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm a gig fan of Patton ( loved the last Fantomas album ) and Duane Denison.

They didn't open upstairs coz of the small crowd and at a rough guess I'd say downstairs was two thirds full.

Ex-Girl were the opening act and they were incredible. Maybe you're all aware of them but I'd never heard of them.
3 really cute japanese girls with a kinda Shonen Knife meets Spinal Tap meets Slayer thing going on.
They have this incredible operatic singing style and quite funny stage shenanigans and spacey drag queen outfits blah blah. I loved 'em.

Tomahawk were mildly interesting for about two songs. Overall they were
sooooo AVERAGE and dull.
The audience seemed really distracted
and bored...I left early.

Ex-Girl are returning to Dublin soon

Dan (14 Mar, 2002 09:47 a.m.):
There was quite a big crowd, not huge, but the place was pretty much "occupied" rather than full. I'm no good at guessing crowd numbers. I'd say a lot of people were like me and decided at the last minute to go.

The Boxes song on the cd is wile good so it is

hmm- thought i was replying to Dudleys message up there somewhere
fine then- i take it back-theyre shite

dudley (12 Mar, 2002 05:02 p.m.):
new breeders single is shit, really shit

what strikes you is how old kim deal sounds. it seems like she barely has the energy to sing.

load of bollocks. i've just heard it and it's definitely not "shit, really shit". granted, on first listen i don't think it's the best thing i've ever heard by them, and it seems like an odd choice for a single, but it's not shit, it's a nice enough song. nor does she seem like she "barely has the energy to sing" any more than, say, stina nordenstam seems like she barely has the energy to sing. so it's a slow, shambling, breathy number, is she not allowed to do those now until she proves that the years of living it up haven't caught up on her. why do so many people want to see her as a victim anyway? i dunno, maybe i'm missing your point.

anyway, why believe either me or dudley - check it out for yisserselves
www.avdeck.com

you have to wait through the entire playlist, but y'never know, you might hit it at the right time, and they have all the upcoming single tracks and a few from the album there.

there's a world of difference between a record sounding subtle and low key, and making a record because you've not got anything better to do.

i liked the breeders, this is mickeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back