Irish gaming website (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyc

It will no doubt end up going down the toilet like the proposed PES 6 league, but I've been toying with the idea of setting up an Irish gaming website. Something that generally takes the piss, but does have some legit news and reviews on it too -along the lines of uk resistance. Anyone up for contributing?

Fuck off.

It will no doubt end up going down the toilet like the proposed PES 6 league, but I've been toying with the idea of setting up an Irish gaming website. Something that generally takes the piss, but does have some legit news and reviews on it too -along the lines of uk resistance. Anyone up for contributing?

Fuck off.

shut up.

sending you a pm.

Herself has been on at me for ages to set up a gaming blog so I get free goodies. I'm far to lazy to set something like that up though.

If your doing it I'll lazily contribute then expect everything free.

Funky!

I have www.jellycopter.com as a domain (if yiz are cool with using that). I used to have the site for my design portfolio, but I don't need it these days as I'm busy enough regardless and am too lazy (that word again) to keep my portfolio up to date etc.

I briefly ran a gaming website about 7 years ago and it did pretty well until we ran out of ideas/beer. It's highly unlikely we'd make any cash or anything, be sure Avernus would steal it all somehow.

i used to do the gaming section on aertel....you dont get as much free stuff as you would think!

If I'm being honest a different domain would be good, jellycopter is SO gay!

And Lefty, if we got the readership up we'd get loads of free shit, you should see the stuff herself gets for her blog. Obviously she deserves it and has to put in loads of work, but if we all chipped in....

i used to do the gaming section on aertel....you dont get as much free stuff as you would think!

No way, I used to read that! The readers letters were hilarious! "When will Fifa009 be out and will it be better on ps3 than on ps2?"

How's about fag-gaming.ie ?

Domain doesn't really bother me, so long as I own the rights to every single word you contribute and every single thought you have now and in the future. Just forward me on your credit card number while you're at it.

Seriously we're a pretty well informed bunch of gamers/lifes losers on here so I reckon we could churn out something pretty smart. We can set up a catchall for the sites email so there's no chance of anyone bagging all the free shit that we're (not) going to get.

The reason I was putting jellycopter forward as the domain was because I'm happy to keep paying for it. If we're setting up a new domain we'd have to arrange payment for it. As soon as you start looking for cash from people, they rapidly lose interest. What's the cheapest hosting option we can get per year?

Site name? Serious ones now...

eatmygame.ie
irishgaming.ie (pretty gay)
gameover.ie

shit like that?

Hosting & domain name reg costs fuck all these days unless you've got huge traffic.

I was quite serious about attractmode.com, but given the deafening silence it's generated, I may have to let it go.

That link isn't working! Fuck sake.

I had no idea what attractmode referred to until I googled it. Bit too obscure, I reckon. I'd like to avoid any mention of spawning or fragging as it reminds me of the horrible human beings who live for the likes of Counterstrike and Quake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back