Irish Bands Database (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 43
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 0
Ok I had lunch with "The Hardcore Legend" Niall McGuirk today, so lots of dirt was dished on lots of people from lots of bands.

I'm too bleedin tired to add anything new to the database. Apart from correcting the unfortunate Gregor57 / Residence typo...

Oh and if anyone knows what that lovely red lumpy stuff Govinda's sell on Thursdays is, please tell me. I thought i'd found out today when it said on the board on the wall "Dish of the Day - Moussaka" so i asked for moussaka - except that it was Wednesdays dish of the day.

So i'm none the wiser as i'm too embarrassed to ask what it is i'm eating.

any help appreciated, like.

yeah i think it might be goats cheese or something, which as a rule i would never have eaten in a million years if I knew what it was.

But i assumed it was tofu.....anyway it's lovely stuff, whatever it is.

pete (11 May, 2001 07:04 a.m.):
yeah i think it might be goats cheese or something, which as a rule i would never have eaten in a million years if I knew what it was.

But i assumed it was tofu.....anyway it's lovely stuff, whatever it is.

I think teh stuff you mean (although it's not usually red, that cuold be the sauce)is the Haris' own home-made cheese, which is made from cow's milk, judging by the allergic reaction I got fom it. You can get similar stuff in the Indian shop behind the Spar on South Richmond Street.

After filling in the info supplied by old man mcguirk, the count now stands at 194 bands and 172 people...

ok just added in the emailed-in stuff

207 bands
207 people

At this stage we're looking for a name... any suggestions?

ps big thanks to dudley, joss, niall, kirstie, shane, anthony, cormy, pat & andy for helping out, & all the others who've emailed stuff in too.

jammybastid (08 May, 2001 12:03 a.m.):
Pete my dear, do you have any idea why Cormy sent me a pile of listings for your database?

That was an accident Mr. Man. I was using the CC: thingo to check the different e-mail addresses for bands and left yours in at the end...by accident. I'll have a yellow one please!!

could ya put me band on that pete,we're
called fluffy ink(i know,i know a poxy name!!)
davey fluff:guitar/vocals
jabba:bass/mumbling vocals
me(ryano):banging things(preferably drums) and
shouting
our site address is www.geocities.com/fluffyink

Pete, why don't you put up a form that can be filled in to your requirements cos I'm too lazy to look back at the start of the post to see what your lookin for. Also, where do you send e-mails to on this site cos I haven't noticed a contact area.

ehh form would be too complicated

basically

- band name
- band members (FULL names)
- ex members
- what they played
- anything released
- other bands members played in
- a wee description

[email protected] will get me

oh and yay estonia

hang on. is this going to be a new section on the site or something? sorry, i haven't been payinhg attention.

I've just learned something terrible as a result of the work on this database.

Jam Jar Jail are still gigging...Thankfully, they're in Los Angeles.

God help us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back