Irelands Greatest Ever person (1 Viewer)

Stephen poxy Gately was in the top ten?.....surely this was a 'name some irish people in no particular order' thing, no?
Recently my kid had to do a 'symbols of ireland' project for skool....we helped him pick Guinness, hurling, sheep, trad instruments, shamrocks, U2....got into class and every other kid had Jedward as their centre-piece....

Was spike Milligan irish?
yep...thats MY vote.

Stephen poxy Gately was in the top ten?.....surely this was a 'name some irish people in no Was spike Milligan irish?
yep...thats MY vote.

Some years back, he was offered an MBE or something and wouldn't take the oath of allegiance that went with it and told Prince Charles something along the lines of "it's ok for you to take it, you don't get any dinner if you don't".

My money is on Collins or Connolly.

Joe Duffy is doing the Connolly one he's a fucking shooo in.

Dave Fanning repeated himself about 40 times during his Bono handjob and made out that Bono single is handedly saving Africa. I get it charity/missionary work is one of the great Irish exports and we should be immensely proud of it but surely Kay Kennedy, John O’Loughlin Kennedy or John O Shea (the original John O Shea) or Sean MacBride (He fought in 1916 was in the IRA along with Collins then against Collins then against whoever (now that's what I call Irish). then co-founded Amnesty International) would be better nomminees than "jump on the fucking bandwagon" Bono. And none of those people wrote angel of fucking harlem either for fuck sake.

Rant over Mary Robinson is the dark horse here. She works like a fucking loon for causes that Bono just jumps out in front of. It's as though a country wins the world cup and they present the prize to the fucking mascot.

fran_cosgrave.JPG

2131459805_5727bb26bb.jpg

My money is on Collins or Connolly.

Joe Duffy is doing the Connolly one he's a fucking shooo in.

Dave Fanning repeated himself about 40 times during his Bono handjob and made out that Bono single is handedly saving Africa. I get it charity/missionary work is one of the great Irish exports and we should be immensely proud of it but surely Kay Kennedy, John O’Loughlin Kennedy or John O Shea (the original John O Shea) or Sean MacBride (He fought in 1916 was in the IRA along with Collins then against Collins then against whoever (now that's what I call Irish). then co-founded Amnesty International) would be better nomminees than "jump on the fucking bandwagon" Bono. And none of those people wrote angel of fucking harlem either for fuck sake.

Rant over Mary Robinson is the dark horse here. She works like a fucking loon for causes that Bono just jumps out in front of. It's as though a country wins the world cup and they present the prize to the fucking mascot.

But Bono had all those songs. And he called George Bush senior a moron. And he hugged that girl at Live Aid. And he sang THAT line in Band Aid. The greatest Irishman ever for sure.

Why is James Connolly in the list? Hes Scottish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back