IPod Trouble (2 Viewers)

theinvisiblerep

My ipod seems to be a little corrupt - under the table deals and all that

Its grand 85% of the time but these days it can't find a lot of songs so when it tries to play a song thats 'not there' it freezes up.I then have to reset it which makes me feel bad cos it makes that heart-breaking power down sound (imagine a robo-puppy whine of dissapointment).

It makes a constant clicking noise when it freezes up and will do this until the battery runs out.

Can YOU help? :eek:

The clicking usually means a dodgy hard disk. You can try running a chkdsk on it. Or if you've got all day, wipe it down, format the drive, then run chkdisk looking for bad blocks.

Either way, sounds like your ipod might not have much time left.

yeah, hate to tell you this but that sounds similar to what happen to the wifes just before it died. you can try the force quit thing (turn the hold on and off, then hold down the millde btn and the menu btn togetter, this reboots the hard drive) you can also try dropping onot a carpeted florr from 3-4 feet while its making that clicking sound. this was reccomended by a few sites defo worked for us a few times.

NOOOOOO! What will I do without it? I haven't got the feckin' thing 18 months!

Apple knobs.

i recently had problems with an apple airport that was just out of warrenty. phone support tried to charge me a mint to even troubleshoot the problem. i wrote them a letter threatening to go to the small claims court if they didn't help me out. they sent me a brand new unit. a lot of these companys flaunt consumer rights. a strongly worded letter can achieve a lot.

try a full software restore first though.

MIt makes a constant clicking noise when it freezes up and will do this until the battery runs out.

mine went through a phase of this, making kind of whirry moans that didn't sound happy.

mine's second-hand and not too new, so i had no hope of a replacement and wasn't too opposed to trying stupid shit to see if it helped, and it was suggested that i wallop it at the same point it last hit the ground*. it wasn't actually a fall that did it in, but, er, smacking it seems to have prolonged the life - about four months so far.

* also available for babysitting and transporting valuable artwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back