• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Any good? Flatmate killed my Creative mp3 player, replacing it with the 20gb one of these. Much as i hate the Ipod culture, they're supposed to be deadly...

iriver.
ReadySteadyJedi said:
Any good? Flatmate killed my Creative mp3 player, replacing it with the 20gb one of these. Much as i hate the Ipod culture, they're supposed to be deadly...

i dont think the sound is as good as creative but they're smaller and more martina burkish.

you had a 60 gigger right?

I have the 60GB for moosik and pickturs, but I unly use it for moosic.

Does the job, but I wouldn't call it horntastic. Get yissirself an in-car jobbie though, play it through the wireless.

FancyGoods said:

as much as it pains me to admit it i bought one of these gadgets. i got the 20gb one for 160 queens pounds.

it is pain free to put music on (what are tags??), it has a radio, pictures, text storage, firmware upgradable. etc.

i'm an asshole now.

THe creative was the job (60gb), what with the EQ and the firmware upgrade to make it stupid loud, but the tagging thing was a real pain in the arse. As it is i don't know if i have a choice really (it's taken me five months to get this out of him, fucking galway people), maybe i can sell it and get an iriver. Tell me about them.

Fuckin' sick of my iriver. The interface is bandy, it's got gaps in between songs, a broken 'random' function, and a huge wait while it turns itself on. And using explorer to upload songs is just a load of my hole.

THRILLHO said:
Fuckin' sick of my iriver. The interface is bandy, it's got gaps in between songs, a broken 'random' function, and a huge wait while it turns itself on. And using explorer to upload songs is just a load of my hole.

random functions are for the elderly. playlists are for the youthful.

p.s. all products are shit.

broken arm said:
p.s. all products are shit.

coming from an industrious designer like yourself that sounds very disheartening. and there was i thinking i would one day see a functioning yet fun eco product with "made in broken arm" on the tag and now you tell me you have no choice but to make something shit:eek:

for shame
for shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

(imagine a forshame cookie - confushus say you very shameful man, bow 200 times in front of person beside you beg forgiveness NOW!)

wouldn't bother with the ipod if i were you. fuck mac and their lack of retail outlets (they only offer 5% profit to retailers- they will however add another 1% if the retailer spends 12 grand on technician training...sound). i say this as i sit in front of one of their machines, listening to ipod...but i still say fuck them up the ass. (unless yer loaded)

frambosenshmak said:
coming from an industrious designer like yourself that sounds very disheartening. and there was i thinking i would one day see a functioning yet fun eco product with "made in broken arm" on the tag and now you tell me you have no choice but to make something shit:eek:

for shame
for shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

(imagine a forshame cookie - confushus say you very shameful man, bow 200 times in front of person beside you beg forgiveness NOW!)

i should have said

as a senior ecodesign researcher with an honours degree in industrial design i can safely say all products are shit.

broken arm Bdes Msc Sus Dev.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
a thread about mp3 players on the internet
Say what you see andy

compuwhore said:
wouldn't bother with the ipod if i were you. fuck mac and their lack of retail outlets (they only offer 5% profit to retailers- they will however add another 1% if the retailer spends 12 grand on technician training...sound). i say this as i sit in front of one of their machines, listening to ipod...but i still say fuck them up the ass. (unless yer loaded)
Ah they're alright. Used to work for them in cork, aside of the 4 hours notice of finishing up, they're one of the better factories i've worked in - only factory job i've ever heard of where you get a gym and personal trainer. Sister in law still works there as german tech support and she said it's a great job to have.

I have one of the slightly older 30gb iPod photos. That said I only got it in June so it's still pretty new, hasn't been dropped badly yet and haven't had any battery problems yet.

It's nothing amazing. It works, it doesn't annoy me too much. It went from being a shiney gadget to just a replacement for my mini disc which i don't have to lug discs around for in the space of a few days.

The colour interface is nice on the eyes, seeing the album cover is a good gimmick. The interface isn't amazing or anything, but it is easier to use then an iRiver. The one thing that really bugs me that you can't just scroll from the top of a list onto the bottom by looping "up", instead you have to scroll alll the way through the list to get the bottom.

You do have to have your mp3s reasonably well tagged.

I do have some photos on it, but mainly as a backup, I think I've only used it to show pictures to someone once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back