ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
oh hi guys,
recently reinstalled new OS. 10.5.8
restored nearly lost photos from old drive by dragging iPhoto icon (100gb+) to new pictures folder and launched iPhoto.
BUT all my thumbnails, albums, folders are all blank/black.

the photos are there because if i go into any of them and double-click they appear but no thumbnails for anything. ive tried rebuilding thumbnails by launching the program holding down CMD+Option keys but to no avail. im thankful theyre all there but this is a nightmare trying to find anything.
any suggestions?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 137
Reboot in safe made [hold down shift key after startup chime] & see if they are there then. It performs a diagnostic thing on startup that way and runs the os in a very basic way - It may rebuild what sounds like a corrupt library file that way.

Its worked for me in the past, but not with iPhoto - worth a try buh

Reboot in safe made [hold down shift key after startup chime] & see if they are there then. It performs a diagnostic thing on startup that way and runs the os in a very basic way - It may rebuild what sounds like a corrupt library file that way.

Its worked for me in the past, but not with iPhoto - worth a try buh

trying this now. im off out so hopefully everything will be back to normal upon my return.

Doesn't take that long - Don't forget to restart after you are done as the computer is in a very basic mode like this

If that dont work, back up your jpegs & reinstall iPhoto & start from scratch - or trash the library/pref file & let it create a new one - edit I've reread what you did & it sounds like it could be conflicting files - I'd start from scratch if safe mode doesn't work,

for some reason MAW photos from 11months until now arent there. the info tab in the bottom left says theyre RAW files but i cant find them in the package contents and i cant edit them and i cant export as RAW.
shite. also my library is still the same size. could they be hiding somehwere?
the drive i restored the library from is now fucked, like my last HD. brilliant :(

Check software update an see if you heve the latest raw firmware

and trash the pref file (if you are nervous about deleting it just lash it on the desktop}

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back