iphone first impression (1 Viewer)

So... Two batteries?

I get three or four days out of my phone (sony k750i), can't see any reason to change to a phone that would require charging on a daily basis. Seems like a bit of a backstep really.
Maybe two batteries, or maybe just one battery with a 'protected' area exclusively for the phone functions.

the battery life will be a serious issue, the screen res and brightness will drain the battery.
I don't know if it's on the website, but in the keynote, Jobs mentioned that there's a 'brightness' sensor that will sense the ambient lighting and adjust the brightness of the screen accordingly.

Seems like they're taking the battery issue pretty seriously.

Yup, it's a proprietary, unremovable battery, the schemey little schlubs. It'd be nice if the battery life was longer, but considering what the phone does, it's not surprising that's what they're currently squeezing out of it.

and they will charge to replace the battery...thieving bast.......

I don't know if it's on the website, but in the keynote, Jobs mentioned that there's a 'brightness' sensor that will sense the ambient lighting and adjust the brightness of the screen accordingly.

Seems like they're taking the battery issue pretty seriously.

plus a sensor to turn off the screen when you put the phone to your ear to take a call.

i thought the biggest drain on a phone battery was the gprs looking for a signal all the time. I have a shitty sharp sh550 phone and the battery drains rapidly in an area with very bad signal as the phone uses up a lot of juice trying to find the best signal. piece of shit. thank you phone forums... :rolleyes:

K another case scenario why I would be against it....when I go to Belfats on a trip I listen to music but no way could I afford to have my battery cie and then be stranded with no phone.

My orignal point was a friend of mine had to buy a phone for an older person and they just want a basic phone, the market seems to be leaving a hole here for just a normal phone.

Good thread though ;]

K another case scenario why I would be against it....when I go to Belfats on a trip I listen to music but no way could I afford to have my battery cie and then be stranded with no phone.

You're talking as if Belfast was halfway up Everest and it would be a matter of life and death to be stranded without a phone.

Describe the worst thing that could happen if your phone died in Belfast, Janer.

Your phone could still die in Belfast, or perhaps even Dundalk, if it had 100 hours of battery life. Thanks to those tireless boffins, there's a handy "indicator" that you can use to estimate the remaining charge.

So the pro iphone people are now saying it's not such a big deal if your phone runs our of battery and you can't make calls? In an attempt to support... A phone? If you can't make calls with it, what's the point?

CitySickness said:
Your phone could still die in Belfast, or perhaps even Dundalk, if it had 100 hours of battery life. Thanks to those tireless boffins, there's a handy "indicator" that you can use to estimate the remaining charge.
Oh for christ sake, what a weak argument. If a car came with a one gallon engine, would you argue that a normal car can run out of petrol too, that's why it has a petrol guage, so ignore the fact it can only get you a few miles and look at the nice alloy wheels?

No, the point is that it's got 5 hours talk-time and probably a respectable standby time (hasn't been specced yet) but - SURPRISE!, if you hammer it for video usage with full screen brightness and volume, the battery won't last as long.

I keep an eye on the battery meter on my phone, and charge it when it's low. Still proving to be a difficult concept to grasp, it seems.

You people seem pretty determined to have a bicker. Though, in a way, isn't that what Thumped is all about? Facilitating pointless arguments about the potential battery life of consumer electronics devices that don't even exist yet? Ahhh, life. Oh, life, rather have a piece of toast, something mmm mmm ghost. Who sang that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back