iphone first impression (1 Viewer)

Hair Iron Madin

goodbye phone manufacturers.

its like dropping a creative zen into a sony walkman phone with a psp sized screen.

I guess its all down to how the phone companies integrate their service with the apple software and hardware. would be nice to have a device that doesnt run off 02 or vodafone useless made software.

alot of people don't use or want their phones as music players.......it's not just young people who use mobiles ya know ;p

The iPod functionality will have little to do with its appeal, although the iPod brand will do a lot to sell it.

The best thing about it, as far as I'm concerned, is the GUI. It looks fantastically slick and works in a considered, intuitive way. As opposed to the broken, poxily-designed, snails-pace menus of every phone I've ever used.

But that's just me. As a whole package, the design is fantastic (although I have my reservations about the back of the phone) and is guaranteed to have every half-assed designer in Nokia/Samsung/Sony Ericsson going "Oh yeah, why didn't WE think of that?"

Above all, I think it's great that gadgetty doobries are starting to look like Things What Came From The Future.
*applause* for Jonathan Ive.

If it were to break thats the phone and music gone. Both very important parts of everyday life!!
I assume part of the functionality of the phone will allow you to sync it with your mac or pc to backup yer data. None of the tech specs I saw mentioned what type of CPU its going to have, some Intel variant I siuppose

the battery life will be a serious issue, the screen res and brightness will drain the battery. I dont really like the idea of worrying about my phones battery! IT would be nice if they allowed for changeble battery like regular phones. But this is apple so i doubt it!

I would be very surprised if they would have the music and video pulling from the same battery as the phone.
So... Two batteries?

I get three or four days out of my phone (sony k750i), can't see any reason to change to a phone that would require charging on a daily basis. Seems like a bit of a backstep really.

the battery life will be a serious issue, the screen res and brightness will drain the battery. I dont really like the idea of worrying about my phones battery! IT would be nice if they allowed for changeble battery like regular phones. But this is apple so i doubt it!

Yup, it's a proprietary, unremovable battery, the schemey little schlubs. It'd be nice if the battery life was longer, but considering what the phone does, it's not surprising that's what they're currently squeezing out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back