India Whisker (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
goddamit, some yankee opinion on this

hayworth? jane?

Everyone thinks I'm so unique because I have a unique name! Everyone worships me! I don't need any talent, I'm unique! And did you catch my casual mention of Bono, like I totally discount my familial connections, which couldn't possibly have anything to do with my success!?

The piece sounds like it came out of about a two-minute phone call, although she sounds a lot like what happens to people when they move to LA, and a lot like what happens to people when they are totally overwhelmed by their own smug self-satisfaction and ignore the roles of luck and string-pulling in where they are. If it's any consolation, google her name. First hit is to do with her parents, and features an unflattering picture of her, where she looks a little less self-satisfied and more like a dorky chick who might be a little embarrassed. Second hit is this thread. Trib piece isn't until page 2.

Lack of capitalisation is something to do with the site build, or is otherwise web-related and should be caught by the online editor (or someone could tell them?), something to do with cutting and pasting text. But it was probably just put in to fill part of a page, and they haven't caught the editing issue because no one's checked the page.

It's cool, she isn't takin' over or probably even fooling herself into thinking she is. Doesn't sound like the sort of person I'd want to hang around with, but she probably got a phone call, orchestrated by a PR friend of the family, had a short conversation having just downed a bunch of cocktails or Dyson-ed up some blue flake, and didn't think about what she was saying.

She does suggest by default that it's easy for just any Irish person to move to LA to be an actor. You have to have a green card, a job, an American parent, or connections.

It's gonna be okay, dudes.

EDIT: Looks like I wasn't the first one using The Google.

will someone make a fake account in her name and post about how we're all pathetic complaining about her on the internet etc. ?

before it actually happens

will someone make a fake account in her name and post about how we're all pathetic complaining about her on the internet etc. ?

before it actually happens

Who do you think is gonna be first to sue the internet: India or the people behind Shebeen Chic? Are they the same thing? Is one the architectural/commercial manifestation of the human and vice versa?

Why do I feel like this is just the tip of the hipster invasion we're gonna get from marketers and PR cunts over the coming months? Wait til the broadsheets hear about American Apparel or some poor prick tries to bring ZipCars to Dublin.

Actually, that fucking "Everyone shoud just ring Bono when they need favour" comment, and the fucking "My parents throw money at classes and headshots"...I take back most of my previously somewhat-measured response (apart from someone probably needing to fill a page and it being a five-minute phone call). But confusing being spoiled with having earned something....why was I being restrained?

I was blinded by my Shebeen Chic hate, which is taking up most of my time at the moment.

The dream is over.

George's St has another angel.

I'm hurtling through the Irish Zeitgeist as we speak.

Someone fucking castigate me already.

I'm regretting, writing this.

There's a vicious new comment left by a certain 'Avi Schwartz'.
Is it legit?

legit or not, it's on the money

zl.jpg

"My favourite building... is Sagrada Familia in Barcelona (right). It's technically not a building, because it's actually a cathedral."
Ah now, in fairness, cathedrals have so much spiritual energy that they bypass most known laws of
physics and enter a realm of pure love that plain old bricks and mortar buildings cannot compete with.

But it wasn't our India that said that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back