i'm being fired too. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter silo
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1
Originally posted by silo
the national roads authority is saying that it will (illegally) proceed with building a motorway (the remaining section of the m50) through the middle of it

As far as I know there has never been a road diverted or stopped because of stuff found during an archaeological dig. You're just hired to record what's there for posterity, Silo, not to preserve it. Sad, perhaps, but true

And Pantone/pete, it's not the conditions of your work that grind you down in the end - it's the routine, the lack of control over your time and your output ... or so I found. I've had lots of jobs, some better/more enjoyable than others, and they all get you down in the end. Public/private sector doesn't matter, just having a job is bad for your soul

Re: Re: i'm being fired too.

Originally posted by egg_

And Pantone/pete, it's not the conditions of your work that grind you down in the end - it's the routine, the lack of control over your time and your output ... or so I found. I've had lots of jobs, some better/more enjoyable than others, and they all get you down in the end. Public/private sector doesn't matter, just having a job is bad for your soul

hhhhmmmmmm....

I don't know about that, there would be a lot less stress and grinding down of soul in my life if I didn't have to scrape by on my crap pay check every month, and if there was just one person in this office I shared a similar interest with I'm confident that I would have a conversation with them and thus break the silence that occupys this office for 95% of the day ( bar Larry Gogans sweet sweet tones).

Its getting to the stage where the depression is spreading from work to every aspect of my life. Everything becomes tainted and rotten when you are spending most of your life somewhere you don't want to be with people you don't like. I had found myself snapping at people and being real pissed off and reactionary all the time and it took my a long time to figure out why.

I like working, I like having things to do and I don't think having a job is all that bad, one of the happiest summers I had was spent working two jobs, worked every hour god sent but really liked the two jobs so it was fine, great in fact.

So anyway I firmly believe that it IS the conditions and not the basic act or working, without a doubt.

Originally posted by Pantone247

yeah steady decent pay and flexi time can really grind a man down

steady, decent pay? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAHAAAAH.

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA.

the civil service nearly sent me under. don't do it.

Originally posted by dudley

steady, decent pay? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAHAAAAH.

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA.

the civil service nearly sent me under. don't do it.

I bet you one pint of cold creamy guinness I'm on less money

seriously

e-mail about it,

I so so so bet I am

I've been tempted by the Civil Service a lot recently... I know in my heart of hearts its wrong... but....

Re: Re: Re: i'm being fired too.

Originally posted by Pantone247
I don't know about that, there would be a lot less stress and grinding down of soul in my life if I didn't have to scrape by on my crap pay check every month, and if there was just one person in this office I shared a similar interest with I'm confident that I would have a conversation with them and thus break the silence that occupys this office for 95% of the day ( bar Larry Gogans sweet sweet tones).

Its getting to the stage where the depression is spreading from work to every aspect of my life. Everything becomes tainted and rotten when you are spending most of your life somewhere you don't want to be with people you don't like. I had found myself snapping at people and being real pissed off and reactionary all the time and it took my a long time to figure out why.

Jesus Pantone. How bad is it going to have to get before you wise up and quit?

Re: Re: Re: Re: i'm being fired too.

Jesus Pantone. How bad is it going to have to get before you wise up and quit?

I ain't no quitter!!

yeah but... I should really make more of an effort looking for a new job.

Oh and Silo sorry to hear about the job, think of it as recieving the gift of free time

Re: Re: i'm being fired too.

As far as I know there has never been a road diverted or stopped because of stuff found during an archaeological dig. You're just hired to record what's there for posterity, Silo, not to preserve it. Sad, perhaps, but true

true. 'search and destroy' is the term. what's illegal is that there was never a valid e.i.s. done (against e.u. law) and that building the road without 100% of the excavation being done contravenes national monuments legislation. one does get moments of existential crisis: 'i'm digging this place up just so as they can tear it to pieces! argh!' but hey, it beats mcdonalds. or rather it did.

and thanks everybody. feel the lurve. :)

I think my sister was working on that... between medium and tall height, dark wavyish hair, named Sarah? Know her?

(Lewd remarks earn genital kickery.)

(Or they would if I weren't such a wuss.)

Re: Re: Re: i'm being fired too.

Originally posted by old

So there's a few people who use this board who know and like each other.

This need not concern you unduly.
sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came ,etc. break out the violins, cue the theme from the littlest hobo. i am about to cry.

That's about the length of it.
Although it would be a less interesting place without pointless cunts like yourself.

I was checking in and read yer news silo,

Sorry to hear it. Chin up...do what I'm doing...spend 2/3 hours a day looking for a job and the rest doing all those other little things you've been meaning to get done...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back