i'm being fired too. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter silo
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

silo

me too...

i've been let go from work. myself and 120 other people.

as some of you know, i've been working at the archaeological excavations at the medieval ruins of carrickmines castle.

the national roads authority is saying that it will (illegally) proceed with building a motorway (the remaining section of the m50) through the middle of it. the minister, seamus brennan, will decide this week what to do. so, despite the fact that there's a half-excavated medieval castle complex sitting there, all the people working there have been politely told to piss off.

there's a few people protesting up trees at the site at the moment, as far as i know; if you want to go and say hello, get the 63 bus from fleet street out beyond foxrock to carrickmines. the castle is on both sides of the existing road.

also; anyone know of any jobs going? graffik design an' multeemeeja? and not archaeology?

Sorry to hear that. Was the job at Carrickmines castle anything to do with Duchas the heritage service by any chance? I've been working there all summer, on the architectural side of things rather than the archaeology one though.

i think that the minister will make a decision in faovur of the roads authority as this govt. know that there going to be kicke dout of power in 5 years time probably and thisw givt. is anything but pro-people and pro-work

Re: Re: i'm being fired too.

Pointlessly posted by slurms

...so what?

So there's a few people who use this board who know and like each other.

This need not concern you unduly.

actually, speaking of secure jobs, i see the civil service have started their yearly recruitment drive: there was a big ad in the indo the day before yesterday. i hope to make a move into something like that in a few months.

Originally posted by herv
actually, speaking of secure jobs, i see the civil service have started their yearly recruitment drive: there was a big ad in the indo the day before yesterday. i hope to make a move into something like that in a few months.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/

worth keeping an eye on if you're looking to move into that whole soul destroying area

Originally posted by herv

yis, thanks, but nothing is more soul destroying than what i do now. it can only be an improvement.

I now call my first witness: Dudley.

My father was let go from his job.

Tits.....

And I hope you find something soon Tom.... you can travel with archaeology,....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back