I'm a tool. (1 Viewer)

Gabbo

I saw the Godfather for the first time last night. Really enjoyed it. So much so that I decided to watch the second this morning. However, I made the mistake of putting disc two in first. I spent an hour and 10 minutes desperately trying to piece together what was going on. Decided it was shite and then the credits ran. Please tell me I'm not alone in my idiocy.

lol, i did the same thing before with "once upon a time in america".
couldn't understand what was going on, like they expected you to guess the plot. cue lots of shouting "what's up with the fucking briefcase?!?" etc.

jeses - way to ruin a classic dude

My advice is to skip part three and go straight to the playstation game

I was watching Apocalypse Now for the first time on video when I was about 15. Just when it got to the acid scene someone had taped over with a few minutes of Wimbledon coverage. Boy was I confused. To this day I wonder was it accidental or deliberate?

I saw the Godfather for the first time last night. Really enjoyed it. So much so that I decided to watch the second this morning. However, I made the mistake of putting disc two in first. I spent an hour and 10 minutes desperately trying to piece together what was going on. Decided it was shite and then the credits ran. Please tell me I'm not alone in my idiocy.
Didn't do this myself but a few friends did (all at the same time)
Haha idiots :D

I thought Once Upon a Time in America was an awful pile of incoherent crap. Til I found out the friend I was watching it with kept fast forwarding it every time I left the room.

I thought Once Upon a Time in America was an awful pile of incoherent crap. Til I found out the friend I was watching it with kept fast forwarding it every time I left the room.

One of my all time faves.

When i was living in the the states they showed all three in a marathon one Saturday on the USA channel.

Edited chronologically, cut to bits for violence and swearing and with loads of previously unused bits to make them stretch out for 12 solid hours. It kind of broke me. :(

Theres nothing better than spending a day with a good trilogy, last week I watched the first three Die Hards, also had a good day with back to the future a while back.
Yep you are a tool Thomas Hardy but not just because you put in the wrong dvd

The box for the fourth one was there but there was no dvd in it, probably for the best

watched all three Godfathers in a row, summer 1992.

started around 10pm or so. Load of cans and skins.
finished up around 7.00am and went straight to work - summer job.

great films.
what's disappointing about the first one is twofold
(i) They don't show the horse's head being hacked off
(ii) It should have been left over the sleeping dude's head (not just on the bed) - the neck is wide enough - so that he wakes up inside it. Ultimate bad buzz.

Me arse, its awful, poor Bruce stumbling around in the wrong movie for two hours made me sad.
Honestly, its like someone saw the movie Hackers, thought it was amaaaaazing and decided to write a big budget movie and call it "Fire Sale" or something lame like that, a studio exec gets his mitts on it and has a power meeting, someone shouts "Lets slap John McClane in it and call it Die Hard 4!"
Some other overpaid nonce says "No, lets call it Die Hard 4.0!"
They all slap each others backs call themselves geniuses.

Shitheads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back