if you knew both your parents' blood types, is it possible to work out your own? (1 Viewer)

Well what happens if the milk man is yer da and not your real da but you didnt know?

Is it a case of doing enie meanie myni moe and hoping for the best?

my blood type is apparently totally impossible for my parents' blood types to have produced, i'm A and my ma is O and i forget what my da is but it doesn't work at all. i blame the fact that i got an acupunturist to check my blood type (fingers crossed).

nope, you can only work out the possible permutations, even if both parents have the same blood type, yours might still be different due to recessive something or other. Unless they're both O, in which case you'll be O. But then there's the Rh factor to be taken into account, and I dunno which parent passes it on, or whether there's a rule about positive being passed on when there's a positive and a negative.

So no.

some blood, yesterday:

blood_pack_unit.jpg

yeesh. no... should though. I heard that about tatoos alright. can you never ever give blood again if you have a tatoo?

a friend of mine lived in scotland, for a number of months. she went to give blood a weeks or so ago and told that she wasn't allowed because of the lenght of time she spent over there. something to do with BSE. seems a bit odd to me... incidentally, she's a vegetarian. :confused: I mean, you could have gone over during the BSE crisis for a weekend and eaten a wheelbarrow load of infected spinal cords, but that wouldn't disallow you from giving blood. weird.

spinal cords. mmm....

anyone ever donated blood? tried once but it was after a tattoo so i wasnt allowed.

I asked that question once and everyone said "Yeah, of course. you mean you don't?!:eek:"

So with that, I went to give blood. It made me feel very ill actually.
And what's the story with the recreational drugs and the blood donations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back