Icky Thump (1 Viewer)

thickaspigshit

Website
Visit site
New White Stripes tune(ive heard all the sounda like names so dont even bovver)

Named after Jacks interpretation of an odd lancashire saying, cos wifey is from there. I wont go into the Goodies and black pudding bit.

Wikipedia aside, try slagging this off. You cant..its a fuckin demon(ic).

Cant wait to hear this on 2fm/spin/shitfm whilst im in Centra. They will prob play about 45 secs of it.

Hopefully Phantom will be picking it up at some stage for proper radio listening.

Anyways, commercial tune of the year. Much better than the wanky coke add.

Ah tis good stuff!First listen was a bit confusing, but then it came roaring back, and i havnt stopped listening to it for a day.It sounds really like their first album?Kind of like jimmy the exploder?
Apart from the bag pipes that is.

I like it a lot. They've been playing it on Phantom quite a bit ..

Theyre on the cover of Hotpress. Wish they'd fckin play here instead.

I wish Meg wasnt just hot but could also play the drums or something.

But yeah, Jools rules.

i liked it alot...so much so i downloaded it...and spend my money on some local releases.

oo I loved it. I fucking hated satan album but am really looking forward to this.Listen to handsprings circa 2002, sexy song.I am obsessed with the White Stripes love everything they do ( excluding satan) and would love to see them live again.
On Meg playing drums, I read in an interview she was at a festival in the states without Jack and the drummer with the Flaming Lips fell and broke his arm so Meg played in his place and no-one mentioned that the drummer was shite........

Seeing them live was like stepping into a theatrical extravaganza, Everything and I mean everything was part of the set even the roadies.It was like watching a different world
Also his version of John Lee Hookers boom boom boom / bang bang bang is utterly fucking amazing

it was just a tad idiotic to play the album in its entirety more than a week before its release:mad: waiting for an album is all part of the experience, it's like getting a spoiler of a film you've been waiting for for ages. fair fucks to the man

it was just a tad idiotic to play the album in its entirety more than a week before its release:mad: waiting for an album is all part of the experience, it's like getting a spoiler of a film you've been waiting for for ages. fair fucks to the man

It was stupid of her and they've been really vague about where they got it - it was obviously a download. Strange that a commercial station would take that approach.

I cant believe she was so surprised by his reaction. She seemed to think because she liked it he would be ok with her playing it when she did. If anyone did it for publicity it was her.......she was just trying to be John Peel hahahaha silly silly little girl.

I also think it will be their last album.Their obsession with the number 3 and his recordings with the raconteurs (sp) lead me to believe that this album 6 ( divisible by 3) will be their farewell.

Jack White is going to be in a film as Elvis hahahahahahaha

I cant believe she was so surprised by his reaction. She seemed to think because she liked it he would be ok with her playing it when she did.

I know! Her response of '...but I really love your music' is so lame. Still I think Jack's a bit of a bully to ring up some wan and make her cry. He should have just got his big major record label to send a threatening letter. Imagine having Jack White shouting down the phone at you. Shudder.

Jack White is going to be in a film as Elvis hahahahahahaha

Christ.

I think Jack's a bit of a bully

I think this yer man out of the Von Bondies might agree with you

vonbondies_jason_m.jpg

And all because he said that he didn't like the production job that White did on the first Von Bondies album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back