Ice-skating (1 Viewer)

i played ice hockey for a season when i was a wee bairn. twisted the fuck out of both ankles one time trying to stop. that, along with a few knee hyperextensions, has removed all desire to ice skate i once had. ice is unforgiving.

Dolphins barn rink was great with all it's bumps and the odd blood spot in the ice. How many stories were ther about people loosing fingers. i went with the summer project once and all the kept ssaying was 'if you fall make a fist so your finger won't get cut off'. fear is the king of safety

is there a rink in the rds at the mo as well? which is better, smithfield or the rds? recommendations please

I like the smithfield one cause its outdoor and its got a really nice feel to it.

On the downside the kids in the area are on the rink every day so by the end of the season they are skating about really fast and knocking everyone out of the way...
Which can be pretty funny if you dont get knocked down.

I'm secretly very good at ice skating; i put it down to my effeminate grace and great dress sense. I always wait until the 'Chad the Fly-Boy' show off guy arrives on the rink and starts scaring the fuck out of the normal people who cant skate because they only get to do it once a year, then i bust after him and skate along side him grinning and running my hands through my hair untll he fucks off. Ponce. Grow up, you're 29 for christs sake.

those little fucks have had loads of practice on their fucking heelies this year too. Terrifying little cunts. Everytime I step outside to go to Fresh for some biscotti and stuffed vine leaves the little bastards try to heelie me down. There's a rink in Lovely Valley this year too apparently.
I like the smithfield one cause its outdoor and its got a really nice feel to it.

On the downside the kids in the area are on the rink every day so by the end of the season they are skating about really fast and knocking everyone out of the way...
Which can be pretty funny if you dont get knocked down.

I played ice hockey as a young lad too damian. Fucking brutal. Only got into it cos I loved skating so much.

It took me about one actual match to realise that hockey is about fighting instead. Managed to last a season and a half though, then after one particular game where I'd been lifted and thrown through the plastic shields at the rink, then had three teeth knocked out in one of the many crowd pleasin "little scuffles" I gave it up.

It's essentially culchiefest on ice.

I'm woeful at ice skating. I'm one of those fuckers who edge the walls or grab onto you and take you down with me too. It's hard to get good at it when you only go once a year...

Dolphins barn rink was great with all it's bumps and the odd blood spot in the ice. How many stories were ther about people loosing fingers. i went with the summer project once and all the kept ssaying was 'if you fall make a fist so your finger won't get cut off'. fear is the king of safety

i went there a few times and hated it each time, i havent been ice skating since 1991 and i dont ever mean to do it again. apart from anything else the boots always cut the heels off me and left me bloody and i cant imagine its a good idea to be exchanging heel blood with filthy little knacks from the barn... I have a terrible fear of having my fingers skated over too. Myself and a friend were discussing our aversion to this "sport" one time and i was telling him about this fingers fear and he told me that his brother actually had this happen to him. he was skating, he fell and someone skated over his fingers :eek:
miraculously they werent severed just a bit cut and bloody.

Smithfield sucks. their skates are awful and the "ice" isn't quite "ice". I went to Central Park last year and it was fabulous. Although I fell pretty much 8 times. Embarrassing to say the least. Painful. But I got the hang of it. But such a fabulous place to go ice skating.

My problem with ice skating is that when I should be turning my hindmost foot slightly sideways and pushing off, it just goes backwards as the other foot goes forwards and my forehead comes to pay its respects to Mr. Ice.

My problem with ice skating is that when I should be turning my hindmost foot slightly sideways and pushing off, it just goes backwards as the other foot goes forwards and my forehead comes to pay its respects to Mr. Ice.

ice to see you

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back