Ice Coffee (1 Viewer)

ICUH8N

My favourite hot-weather drink ever. I could drink litres of it.
It has to be real coffee (freeze-dried if you have no choice) though, none of that growse ready-made-in-a-sachet bullshit. For some reason, 90% of coffee shops fail to realise this. I want espresso on top of the milk and ice-cubes and then mix it up, motherfuckers, with a dash of vanilla syrup if the mood takes me.
Its spiritual cousin is Vietnamese coffee, which is warm chicory coffee on top of condensed milk. Amazing concoction. May cause hummingbird-speed heart palpitations and other symptoms usually associated with the excessive consumption of cheap speed.

Ah here, i've just wolfed down 4 fergals and a bread roll. I'll think i'll give the ice cream a wide berth.

A salient point, I think the matter requires more extensive investigation on my part.

Iced coffee has to be made from extra-strong coffee or it gets really diluted (obviously). But it's very yummy, and I'm glad places have started doing it.

Another nice thing to make is sun tea. You get a jug, fill it with water, throw in a few tea bags what you like, and leave it out in the sun (or in a sunny spot inside) for a few hours. Then bring it in, chuck in a bunch of ice, and keep the rest in the fridge. I like to make it out of the Celstial Seasonings fruity kinds. Really refreshing. It doesn't actually have to be that sunny to make it work, though it does help if it's at least reasonably warm outside.

Sun tea is great. Don't people from the south claim that no-one else can do it properly? fuck them anyway.

A Vietnamese coffee-maker is winging its way toward Dublin for me as I speak. I'm gonna blow up my heart, it's gonna be fun.

*toes curl in anticipation

not so big on the iced coffee,although the one time i had it i had asked for a normal cappucino and the girl is like `we have none(???),have an iced coffee` i didnt even get to say no before she had whipped the money outta my hand....
sun tea though,that sounds like a larf ill be sure to try it.

ICUH8N said:
Sun tea is great. Don't people from the south claim that no-one else can do it properly? fuck them anyway.

A Vietnamese coffee-maker is winging its way toward Dublin for me as I speak. I'm gonna blow up my heart, it's gonna be fun.

*toes curl in anticipation

HA ha, yeah, but that's just American parochialism talking. Everyone believes that no one else in any part of the country can do what they do. HOWEVER, I would trust a southerner to make my iced tea more than I would even another yankee. As long as they didn't put loads of sugar in it. Or do what me ma's old college mate in Nawlins did once, which was to sit around talking about the 'jigaboos', while I nervously downed as much iced tea as possible just to keep myself from screaming.

I can't believe they're selling coffeemilk here, by the way. That's always been a Rhode Island thing, and I have very rarely seen it outside of Rhode Island. I am so parochial that I don't even like coffeemilk, or Rhode Island, and yet I wouldn't drink it outside of Rhode Island. That's sad, real sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back