ibanez tubescreamers (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

recommendations?

harmony central is down

thinking of getting TS9DX - same as the TS9 but with some other bullshit modes...
or what about the ts808?

i like to play slow heavy metal / fast thrashy heavy metal and play through a 70s fender superbassman

Hmm, never heard one of these.
Are they 'all that'?

Yeah they're savage little things. I have a ts 9. Got it for around 140 on musicstore. The dx just gives extra dist options i think and the 808 is a reissue of the orignal model. I would have got the 808 if it was available at the time.

i wouldn't have thought that the warm vintage tone of a tube screamer would be suited to fast thrashy metal or slow heavy stuff. i've one of these:
powerscreamer.gif

its modeled on the TS9 and its quite fuzzy. it has a swith that adds 10dbs of drive and volume to it too, which can be nice. you loose some of the volume jump if you run it into an overdriven amp so i guess a nice clean bassman should be perfect for this or a tube screamer. as posh pedals go its reasonably priced too.

last year anthony got on of these:
2006-05-18-18-51-35.jpg

this is, as the kids would say, is 'not feeling very well'. downright unpleasant pedal in the best possible way. think it's pretty pricey but sounds crazy. has an mid scoop switch for maximum metal maddness. it needs TWO batteries. thats reason enough to get it no?

i'll leave the dime distortion to brian
will look into the power screamer

i'm really just looking for something to drive the bassman a little bit more
cheeerz!

doing some readin...says you run it going into an overdriven amp....
my bassman definitely gets some crunch when the volume is turned - but it's nothing like a marshall....y'reckon this would be suitable to give it the extra heavyness...or should i just get a ds-1?

cheeerz!

a simple Boss overdrive jobbie would boost the level enough to the overdrive yr amp, then you can just dial in more crunch from the pedal if you need. I gots the turbo overdrive, it's grand like... with the big muff beside it, it don't get much use... but it's fine at what it does.

i never liked the big muff....seemed to break up way too much

i think i'm gonna get the tubescreamer and hope that there's enough gain coming out of the head (the explorer is pretty 'hot' too)

cheeerz!

maybe getting an eq pedal and cranking up the mids would work. the black mxr eq pedal is cheaper then the boss but it's a bit noisey i hear. i got an eq pedal in canada for this very reason when i was using the lord damo's bassman 4x10 re-issue, and it worked a treat.

doing some readin...says you run it going into an overdriven amp....

i find the power screamer sounds better run into my dominater when its clean as hell. it sounds fine into the slightly overdriven marshall but to my ears it loses soomething.

I gots the turbo overdrive, it's grand like

i really like this pedal, the two levels of overdrive are really handy. but theres not enough volume out of it.

i never liked the big muff....seemed to break up way too much

yeah, it does one sound... fuzzy... and that's it... though I'm using it all te shop on the bass lately... sounds deadly.

[qoute]
i think i'm gonna get the tubescreamer and hope that there's enough gain coming out of the head (the explorer is pretty 'hot' too)[/QUOTE]

The explorer pretty much overdrove the amp anyhow!

I'd say you could get a compressor either for what you want to do, but I'm not really sure how that would really work... You just want someone to say 'get a tubescreamer' don't you

Get A Tuberscreamer.

i got an mxr 'doubleshot' which has loads of eq shit on it
worst pedal ever! bought it from some guy on thumped
it's actually cool for noise and shit - but a guitar...holy moly - no dice

yeah, it does one sound... fuzzy... and that's it... though I'm using it all te shop on the bass lately... sounds deadly.

[qoute]
i think i'm gonna get the tubescreamer and hope that there's enough gain coming out of the head (the explorer is pretty 'hot' too)

The explorer pretty much overdrove the amp anyhow!

I'd say you could get a compressor either for what you want to do, but I'm not really sure how that would really work... You just want someone to say 'get a tubescreamer' don't you

Get A Tuberscreamer.[/QUOTE]

brian already told me to

i was set to buy a doubleshot once, good thing i didnt..

i saw this last week or something, might do the job for you..

"Analogman Ibanez TS9, modded to TS808 Specs. I believe this is a silver label "Original TS9" (i.e. not a reissue) since it doesn't have the "CE" on the label but it's kind of a moot point on a modded pedal. Under the hood it has "AM TS9/808-B" and date Jun 09 2000, as well as Analogman's gold label. Exceptionally clean, with no wear of finish chips - should appeal to the most discriminating collector. I A/B'd this with one of my original 808's and this pedal sounds...better. Warmer, and more like a real overdriven tube amp. The 808 is around $400, this one, just $139."

www.chrisguitars.com

i'd phone him if you want it cos it seems the guy is too busy selling 4 grand PRS's to have the time to reply to emails about pedals.

i would say go for it.. when i was going crazy looking for a pedal a few years ago everyone was going on and on and on about the ts808 and how all other models were shit in comparison.

Had high hopes for the Dime but it has limited usefullness. Especially when used with an overdriven amp. Plus it won't run on batteries. It needs power, which i hate.

Well I have a Ts808 reissue and a Bassman 100 and I think they sound pretty amazing together. The Ts808 covers all types of Overdrive, from very subtle to very heavy, the tone covers nice and warm, like ur rapped up in bed, to shirlly and nasty, like ur sodomizing a cat. Got mine on ebay earlier this year for €125, tried it out against the TS9 and thought the TS808 was worth the extra cash. The switch on it is rather annoying though. I've missed it a couple of times when playing gigs.

picked up a 808 for 200
it sounded noticably 'better' (different, more pleasing) than the ts9

have a couple of days to try it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back