I want to go to gigs in a bubble. (2 Viewers)

if you went to a gig in a bubble all the hardcore kids would point and laugh at you.

you should see how chinese kids mosh....it's HI-FUCKING-LARIOUS. honestly....they put there heads down and kind of curl up into a ball and charge around doing this really odd hitler-type swinging motion with their arms. ahahahahahaha

i stand at the back with my arms folded chuckling away to myself/cursing them for not fucking behaving and enabling me to stand nearer the front.

lurlow said:
Biffy Clyro sounded fairly rubbish from upstairs, where I was smoking and getting locked like a MAN.

Forward Russia were good.
All the support was crap. Possibly the funniest thing i witnessed was the obnoxious singer from the first band stage dive to the ground. ouch

trianglegrrrl said:
Perhaps its TBMCs fault for being so shitty

speaking of shitty - the last couple of times i've been there i've been assaulted by the smell of human excrement. something to do with blocked toilets. then the last time i was there about 3 weeks ago there was no electricity in a large part of the building aswell.

the music centre is the ryanair of venues. they're gonna start charging wheelchairs to go down that ramp next. no word of a lie.

trianglegrrrl said:
I seen your band. .|..|

will agree that biffy are mediocre. there is though a novelty about going to an MCD gig like the over produced sound (a mic for every drum), a PA as big as my house, girls wearing high heels, trendy people, people who smell clean and the funny hallucinations i was had, e.g. people in beige trousers looked naked from the waist down.

didn't see that at TBMC. but i also didn't see the 8 steps down to the bogs either. WOAH

1.Some of the best gigs I have ever been at where in the music center and put on by ooohhhhh MCD.

2.Your drum micing comment is ridiculous and you obviously dont really know what your talking about.I would hazard a guess saying you heard some other idiot say it and thought it sounded clever and informed and so you regurgatated it.

3.For someone that posts in Eircore a fair bit and into activism and equality etc. slagging off people for what they are wearing is a tad hypocrytical.

4.There is nothing wrong with washing and smelling clean.Some of my best friends do it.Shit I even do it myself.....

5.If moshing bothers you that much,stand at the side or the back or dont go.I know its a bit irritating but this is what happens at any gig remotely involving a guitar.

6.Im sorry if this comes across as me being a dick to you because Im not trying to be,I just think what you posted in this thread is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back