I wanna learn Irish (1 Viewer)

dAndAn

I did do it for me leaving but the combination of shite student teachers and me being a messer meant i learnt very little.

Can anyone recommend a place, in Dublin, to learn beginners/elementary Irish part time and for cheap enough?

I was looking at the one located in Filmbase in Temple Bar. 220 beans for one 2 hour lesson per week, for 12 weeks. Wee bit pricey it seems.

Any others around?

Ta.

ICTU run this thing called the 'Peoples University' (or something similiar) from September till May or so. They don't advertise it very well but the classes are supposed to be mad cheap and of a high quality.

AFAIK they do irish, yoga, guitar, trad musi and a bunch of other stuff. Theres nothing on the web site at the moment but try ringing them or SIPTU i guess...

I was considering doing this a while ago myself. Would be good to learn and a few of my mates are fluent in it. It could be handy if we ever get kidnapped and need to have a few sly words.

Or maybe im just paranoid.

YOU'RE IN THE WRONG PLACE IF YA WANNA LEARN OIRISH. I SPENT THREE YEARS IN CANADA WHEN I WAS A KID, CAME BACK AND WAS BETTER THAN EVERYONE IN ME CLASS. NOT THAT I WAS ANY GOOD. THEY GOT WORSE. IN FACT, WE ALL GOT WORSE. 23 OUT OF 25 FAILED A 5th CALSS CLOSE-TEST 2 MONTHS BEFORE THE LEAVIN'. SQUEAKED BY WITH THE BAREST OF PASSES IN ME ONLY PASS SUBJECT.

SOMEHOW THEY'VE PUT A MENTAL BLOCK AGAINST OIRISH IN MY BRAIN.

ALL THE FAMILY ARE MAD INTO IT (ARAS CRONAN-CLONDALKIN, LOADS OF CLASSES n SHIT). I ONLY GO COZ THE PINTS ARE CHEAP!!!

AGUSQUAANNNDO!!!

Thanks all.

Osama Van Halen said:
ALL THE FAMILY ARE MAD INTO IT (ARAS CRONAN-CLONDALKIN, LOADS OF CLASSES n SHIT). I ONLY GO COZ THE PINTS ARE CHEAP!!!quote]

Yo Osama you mad bitch, this looks good.

Gaeilge – Irish Conversational Classes
Cúig Leibhéal – 5 Levels
Am / Time: 8.00-9.30p.m.
Táille: €65.00

Handy getting out to Clondalkin by bus from town? Do i need a gat?

I might do this class as well in Aras Cronan.

Bodhrán & Fiddle Adults & Children - All Levels Fri. 10 weeks, €75

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back