I kinda like MCD (1 Viewer)

murder city devils split up ages ago guys.
the singer has another new band with the dudes from godheadsilo / dude from enemymine
should rule

dead low tide was cool too

andrew

people did call the tychos sellouts alex (not me though)

they just didn't get the hump over it so people stopped because it wasn't fun

by the way, just because independence hasn't worked much in the past - and actually it has - doesn't mean it won't in the future. Change happens

thickaspigshit said:
I totally agree, did you go to that Ed Byrne play in the Ambassador, Roxy.....?

A bit of a drag.

Aye I respect MCD for bringing the bands, despise ticketmaster for being ..well ...ticketmaster.

I cant go tonite but I know a man that can..
ed byrne is a total gimp not funny in the least why pay money to see some shitheads pretend to be actors

Alex said:
Apart from some very rare exceptions nobody has ever made a living out of music being totally independent. If you play music for fun that's fine but if you aim to be a full time musician you must reach some compromise, leave with it.
:rolleyes:

Using a promoter doesn't make you a music whore. However, AKK made a good point: no band can do it without being called a sell out here
:eek:

Alex said:
You're right: I shouldn't play any Gigsmart gigs because that doesn't make me indie enough. And I should keep working in an office 9 to 5 all my life because trying to make a living out of music does not make me cool enough. Actually, I should call it a day and kill myself coz I'm not indie and cool enough
well if that's what you believe then don't pretend to be interested in DIY - you obviously just see it as a joke that you can use as a stepping stone in your career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back