I just saw them filming Sesame Street (1 Viewer)

i'd say watching Sesame Street being filmed would be pretty amazing.

did all mammals back in ye olde days lay eggs? it'd be interesting to know when/why mammals started giving birth. somebody here must know. i demand satisfaction!

Mammals evolved from a thing like a Therapsid, which was sort of half way between reptile and mammal.
Reptiles produced by the laying lots of egss, and looking after them method.
Mammals just decided that they would lay fewer eggs, and look after them in their bodies rather than in a nest.
More investment in each baby, placentas and all that stuff, but each are more likely to survive.

I dont know if Therapsids layed eggs or not, but their progenitors did. Having live children, not eggs, evovled a number of times though. Some fish even do it.

a picture of a platypus used to make me laugh uncontrollably for ten minutes when I was in primary school.

So... the story goes that when the first explorers brought back dead preserved Platypuses (?) no one believed they were real, and they were laughed out of the lecture halls. Everyone thought this was clearly a fictional animal, that they had sewn together on the voyage home to make themselves famous.

That was just looking at them. Then the lads mumbled something about them laying eggs, and they were basically told to fuck off, got the gloved slap oon the face, and to not come back.

So the story goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back