I have an Imac (1 Viewer)

guy of the tiger

What's up pricks.
Some one left an imac outside their gaff for the binmen. It's mine now.

It starts and seems to work grand and it looks like this:

ancienimac.jpg

Does anyone know if I can, either,
A) download iphone objective C api and start making iphone apps?
or else
B) get some video editing software going on it and have a crack ?

any advice?

its pre-intel, i have that one too. mostly superseded by loads of new shit. is there a icon in the top of the screen where you can check 'about this mac'??? that should tell you the specs - i cant remember off hand. mine ran photoshop 4 and quark like a dream up to the present day (since 2000), it is still our office centerpiece, we don't upgrade shit. should have USB / FIREWIRE / broadband connections so its not totally useless. you'd be able to put the maximum RAM in it from ebay pretty cheaply. the little cover on the arse i think is where that goes in. probably no hope with iphone.

The IAN could probably fill you in what can be done videowise. it would be a grand internet browser, save your main one getting clogged up with crap. or music player with an eternal HD stuck onto it.

its pre-intel, i have that one too. mostly superseded by loads of new shit. is there a icon in the top of the screen where you can check 'about this mac'??? that should tell you the specs - i cant remember off hand. mine ran photoshop 4 and quark like a dream up to the present day (since 2000), it is still our office centerpiece, we don't upgrade shit. should have USB / FIREWIRE / broadband connections so its not totally useless. you'd be able to put the maximum RAM in it from ebay pretty cheaply. the little cover on the arse i think is where that goes in. probably no hope with iphone.

The IAN could probably fill you in what can be done videowise. it would be a grand internet browser, save your main one getting clogged up with crap. or music player with an eternal HD stuck onto it.

Good-o.

When i start it up it says 'starting classic enviornment' - does that mean it's regressing even further?

Anyhoodle, 'About this mac' gives me:

Mac OS X v10.2.8
Mem: 192mb
cpu: 500mhz powerpc g3

what do ya reckon for video editing? the ram is a bit meager.

http://www.crucial.com/eu

see if this will tell you what ram it can take???

the classic environment thing is bit like DOS for macs, those little toaster looking macs ran on it. it was there so the new ones would work on the old ones etc...

10.2 etc was superseded a while back, but it definitely ran shit. i think i did an album on it once.

http://www.crucial.com/eu

see if this will tell you what ram it can take???

the classic environment thing is bit like DOS for macs, those little toaster looking macs ran on it. it was there so the new ones would work on the old ones etc...

10.2 etc was superseded a while back, but it definitely ran shit. i think i did an album on it once.

deadly thanks.

so you reckon Quark is the video editing software to go for?

oh no sorry, its for making books. i was just reminiscing. old versions of final cut is what you'd want..
old versions of cubase / logic / protools for audio.

thats sorta all i know. if it has appleworks then its actually a deadly little wordprosesesesor.

oh no sorry, its for making books. i was just reminiscing. old versions of final cut is what you'd want..
old versions of cubase / logic / protools for audio.

thats sorta all i know. if it has appleworks then its actually a deadly little wordprosesesesor.

ah right. Ive heard of final cut allright.

i see photoshop 7 on the taskbar thingamayokie on the bottom alreay and itunes and finale2006.

guess ill have to try pick up some ram so

jesus photoshop 7. we stopped upgrading at 4.0 and still get away with it for making books. people payed nig money for that but it mightnt be of use to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back