i fell asleep at a sigur rós gig. (1 Viewer)

My mate fell asleep in the front row of a Spiritualized gig at the Hammersmith Apollo, directly in front of Jason Pierce's line of sight.

It was a very very boring show though, so it was fair enough.

I've fallen asleep during Kristen Hersh, Robin Guthrie and several acts at last December's gig. It's not that I found any of the boring, it's just a Pavlovian reaction when I go to see people whose music I listen to when I'm going to sleep. I was really excited about seeing Robin Guthrie, but I knew it was inevitable after 20 odd years of drifting off to his floaty noodlings.

I've fallen asleep during Kristen Hersh, Robin Guthrie and several acts at last December's gig. It's not that I found any of the boring, it's just a Pavlovian reaction when I go to see people whose music I listen to when I'm going to sleep. I was really excited about seeing Robin Guthrie, but I knew it was inevitable after 20 odd years of drifting off to his floaty noodlings.

Thats quite funny, cause I always used to set my cd/ alarm to wake up to the Cocteau Twins. Its a gradual awakening, not like being blasted by the radio or a Champion Sports ad. Ive never seen them play live, but I'd probably be wide awake and ready for breakfast by the end of the gig

I fell asleep at underworld, I think it was in the mean fiddler

I probably would have liked sigur ros about 10 years ago...now I don't have much patience with long ambient stuff....I want cool tunes and minimal pissin' about

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back