I could say (1 Viewer)

Moods For Mallards

that I started reading Hobbes when I was 6 and not be lying. We got 'The Great Books of the Western World' free with the Encycopaedia Brittanica and one of them is Hobbes' Leviathan. I thought it was a book of hobbies and I started going through it looking for interesting hobbies. My spelling subsequently improved.

calvin_hobbes_philosophy.jpg

What a thread.

I was force-fed Nietzche as a child you could say. My drunken father used to get me and my brothers to stand in the corner, and remain standing until we could successfully recite to him 'thus spake zarathustra' in its entirety. Then he would allow us a frugal meal of brown bread and black tea.

What a thread.

I was force-fed Nietzche as a child you could say. My drunken father used to get me and my brothers to stand in the corner, and remain standing until we could successfully recite to him 'thus spake zarathustra' in its entirety. Then he would allow us a frugal meal of brown bread and black tea.

my dad used to make me recite Burns' Sweet Afton everytime he smoked one, and he chain smoked...

My dad dotted my body up with red ink while I slept one night. He told me I had a disease and was going to die when I woke up crying the next morning. I was five. He never made me read though. High times.

What a thread.

Can you link that, psychologically, to your violent personality?

Can you link that, psychologically, to your violent personality?

I do not have the self-critical faculties required. Perhaps a third-party such as yourself could. The long days in the coal hole, looking for diamonds (the production of one being a condition of release), perhaps didn't help either, but like I said, I am blind to my own condition.

I do not have the self-critical faculties required. Perhaps a third-party such as yourself could. The long days in the coal hole, looking for diamonds (the production of one being a condition of release), perhaps didn't help either, but like I said, I am blind to my own condition.

I don't think you're being 100% honest about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back