Husker Du appreciation (1 Viewer)

mackle

music-husker-du.jpg

Been listening to Flip Your Wig on constantly the last few days after having not listened to Husker Du in about 2 years or so. Just realised why I liked them so much in the first place. Even their weak material was better than most bands from that era!

Zen Arcade, New Day Rising, Flip Your Wig. Come on Gary. Fuckin nearly perfect albums!

Land Speed Record and Metal Circus are the only 12"s they released that were any good. fuckin awful after that. The rest sounds at least as dated as any cheap pop music from the time. Never ever liked that shit.

Lots of my mates were obsessed with husker du at the time (and some still are) but I never really got the big deal about them. I did like some of Grant Hart's songs but not Bob Mould ...

gary - you sound angry, is there something wrong? Did husker du do something to you when you were a child. Oh, and, they are amazing.

This is an appreciation thread, not a 'they're shit thread'

Gary they are perfect pop music. Havent dated at all I think. Divide and Conquer of Flip Your Wig. Listen to that! Actually just that whole album is amazing

a dorky thing to do in minneapolis:

137018613_6aa1ac5ded.jpg

i like candy apple grey best, but my favourite song is 'back from somewhere' off warehouse. but the sloppy hardcore and everything in between is deadly too.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Gary they are perfect pop music. Havent dated at all I think. Divide and Conquer of Flip Your Wig. Listen to that! Actually just that whole album is amazing

I've heard those records more times than you have Mackle,probably before you were even born.

love jones said:
gary - you sound angry, is there something wrong? Did husker du do something to you when you were a child. Oh, and, they are amazing.

This is an appreciation thread, not a 'they're shit thread'

Gary's always fucking angry! He might well be the king of pain.
Yeah,he's always sapping the love out of these appreciation threads with his dismissive bile.

Husker Du were good, but they are overrated. They overshadow a lot of better bands from that era. After saying that I do love 'New Day Rising' and have jumped into radiators and the like whilst listening to it at land speed levels. 'Flip your Wig's is great as well. 'Divide and Conquer' - good call.

Husker Du & Replacements are pretty different musically for sure.
The Replacements music (including their more punk first two albums) are really seriously blues influenced.
Husker Du had a completely different sound.

It's gotta be Husker Du for me.
Zen, New Day, Everthing Falls, Flip, Land Speed, etc

I dislike the first two Husker Du albums and Metal Circus is only good in parts.

The Zen Arcade / New Day Rising / Flip Your Wig trilogy is deadly while the two Warners albums melted down would make a good 12 track LP.

Overall I think the Replacements are better. The six albums from Sorry Ma... to Pleased To Meet Me are amazing. A lot of Don't Tell A Soul sucks but All Shook Down is quite good.

Much prefer the solo career of Paul Westerberg to either Bob Mould or Grant Hart.

what a load of cock gary, you child!
who cares how often you heard a record, and anyway if you don't like them why would you have listened to them so often?!
and why are you comparing husker du to the replacements? they come from the same place at the same time, and low and behold, they have to be comparable? apples and oranges boy.
but i suppose if you say they are crap, then they must be!!
i was wrong all along to think they were great. perhaps i should listen to septic death instead or some shit.

Be the Hokey said:
i was wrong all along to think they were great. perhaps i should listen to septic death instead or some shit.

you should,they are infinately better.

And the comment about hearing the records plenty of times is a response to being told to listen to them. I said they were rubbish and dated becasuse I've heard them.

And,the comment about the Replacements being better,is because supposudly there was lots af aggro/jealousy between the bands early on. It seems it continues with fans if it was true. I find it amusing.

I also think that bands who tried to sound like Husker Du almost always were better.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
hahah - that shallow end of the pool is over there, mackle

husker du - never done nothing for me. way too pink. sugar - rubbish.

you gonna go to kool keith then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back