Hungover on Thursday? Playground Psychotic + Capratone + Speedman (2 Viewers)

erm, disagree.

the whole ending though, not to give anything away, while good and head scratching, was intentionally in such a way that its logically mad.
so if he'd been in his room at the start the rest wouldn't have happened? or would it? would the same sequence have continued? would the girl groups manager have not been busy? did the story happen to save frank? or to save donnie?

better stop now, but i'd love to find out what you thought it means.. through the medium of pm perhaps?

Originally posted by Pantone247
but in so far as the plot tying up and 'making sense' it definetly does

Does it? I deliberately didn't try to figure it out for ages afterwards, I just wanted to let the film soak in without my logical side getting in the way.
PM me your explanation, please

there are definite flaws in the "river of time"/parallel universes side of things. flaws you could appreciate if you've watched enough star trek voyager. head wreck. i'm not a great fan of films that 'use' theoretical science in their plot in such an a+b way. mate of mine has a book all about how to use a scientific premise as the basis of a movie - it seems the lads that did donnie darko were reading straight from this book. i thought there'd be more of a philisophical explaination to it all. bah. humbug.

hey! Movie ruiners -

get a fucking room.

We went to a preview of the new Star Trek movie tonight - how'd you feel if i went spouting off about the intricate plot intricacy things and generally ruining it for you?

eh?

EH?

Originally posted by pete
hey! Movie ruiners -

get a fucking room.

We went to a preview of the new Star Trek movie tonight - how'd you feel if i went spouting off about the intricate plot intricacy things and generally ruining it for you?

eh?

EH?

Yeah, alot of people strangely get pissed off over movie spoilers. I'm really the opposite. I've often had friends explain movies in detail (spoilers and all) before I'd even go see the film. I don't think it's gonna rob 2 hours from your life if you know exactly whats gonna happen.

Do people still watch Star Trek? how did the ending go?

people who spoil movies piss me off, it's quite easy to relay the basic plot of a film and say whether it's any good without giving someone an in depth synopsis of the important points/ending of the film.
Almost as bad as people who talk to you throughout films.

yeah, people still watch the trek

i enjoyed the movie - it was a little more gritty than the usual star trek stuff, while still being star trek.

live long and prosper

.|..|
that's sorta like the vulcan thing. sorta. mostly. mostly.

buh seriously lads - donnie darko's not gonna be in the cinema for much longer (in fact it should have ended by now but the ifc are milkin' it). there's got to be a time when its allowable to talk about a film in detail. so ptbptbptbptbptbptb

Originally posted by pete
hey! Movie ruiners -

get a fucking room.

anyway back to the Topic

Capratone will be playing a few news tunes on Thursday, Including the smash hit 'The Bird in the Crying Game is really a Bloke', 'Its Kevin Spacey, he's making it all, he was Kaiser Zozezezeeee!!!' and our latest single... 'Bruse Willis is Dead!!'

what about your smash hit single "ed norton is brad pitt, but don't tell pete cos he gets in a mood if you do"?

Originally posted by silo
what about your smash hit single "ed norton is brad pitt, but don't tell pete cos he gets in a mood if you do"?

that was originally a B side to 'Alf from Home and Away was actually shot by his Wife'

didn't do well here, massive in Australia but

Actually on Car Button Cloth, the patchy last album by the Lemonheads, there is a song called 6IX which is just one riff and Evan singing 'Here comes Gwyenths head in a box, here comes Gwyenths head in a box' over and over again.

genius

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back