Hungover on Thursday? Playground Psychotic + Capratone + Speedman (1 Viewer)

It was maybe the best use of a song I've seen in a movie ever. And a great cover version of the song too....d'yuo know where I'd get that version? (don't say the soundtrack)

egg_:"did you like the film"
Rump:"I did and I didn't, know what I mean?"
egg_:"You tell me!"
Rump:"welll...yes and no..."
;)

It's called Mad World and it's played at the end of the film as the camera pans over the cast. Played brilliantly on acoustic guitar and piano (as far as I can remember), sent shivers down my spine like I said, turns out it's a Tears for Fears song

Rumpus :D

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Is my sig a line from that song? I had no idea. Damn. Now I have to change it. Curse you all!

Umm, I think what egg was trying to say was that had Tears for Fears played the song it would have been shite but seen as someone played it on acoustic and piano it sent shivers down his spine. Hence, it's not what you play [tears for fears] it's how you play it [acoustic/piano]. :D

songs from the big chair

i thought 'head over heals' was more effectively used (the bit were they follow the kids round the school corridors in slow motion) but really, who cares? it was tears for fears and echo and the bunnymen full blast in the (we don't eat popcorn here) ifc

Re: songs from the big chair

Originally posted by the snitch
i thought 'head over heals' was more effectively used (the bit were they follow the kids round the school corridors in slow motion) but really, who cares? it was tears for fears and echo and the bunnymen full blast in the (we don't eat popcorn here) ifc

the incidental music was fab as well, just really nice drones and ambient sounds, really subtle, very effective.

Such a great film

Re: Re: Hungover on Thursday? Playground Psychotic + Capratone + Speedman

Originally posted by egg_
Speaking of which, did anyone see Donnie Darko? That Tears for Fears song at the end was fucking brilliant - sent shivers up my spine

I was wondering who that was. Sat through all the credits and still somehow managed to miss seeing who performed it. Amazing film - GrRrR (or however ya spell it) and Psychotic No. 2 you should really get yer arses to it before it leaves the IFC.

liked the film
but the 'science' was a bit dodge/contradictory.

and i will only explain why after the fifth pint tomorrow night.

pantone huskily said:
no, no it *actually* was very very clever

if you think there were intentionally messy holes in it, then you have intentionally messy holes in your brain

no, not sewing up plot holes is a way of getting people to go; "but don't you see? its cosa that thing, that that thing probably happened."

agreed they did it cleverly, but it seemed a little like the director was like 'ok, just do that without explaination to make people think it means something'....

loved the film though...
and the mad world version at the end was played by tears for fears..

drooled by lorcanzo from one of the intentionally messy holes in his brain
agreed they did it cleverly, but it seemed a little like the director was like 'ok, just do that without explaination to make people think it means something'....
[/B]

huh?

It all meant something, theres lots of little clues and links throughout the film

I mean theres defitely room for interpratation and the big question mark left hanging over it is really (to simplify a little) 'what the fuck is everything all about anyway!'

but in so far as the plot tying up and 'making sense' it definetly does

I think you turning your back on a huge part of the film if you just think it was made to bug people and make them scrathch their heads and thats all.

But yeah, amazing film at the end of the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back