Howard Marks in Trinity College (3 Viewers)

Politipall suffers bouts of severe depression on a regular basis as a result of regular drug taking coupled with an inactive social life and an unchallenging lifestyle. He also has a cramp in his mouth from shouting about it all the time.

He is right about me and the aids though. Except it's good aids, so i'm okay.

I found it really boring after a while. "then i went here and sold loads of dope, then i went there and sold loads of dope, blah blah blah blah". Bit like smoking dope really.

I suppose the fact that I was smoking loads of dope when I was reading it probably helped, I also had great romantic ideals of smuggling which porbably helped too. I passed on the opportunity to go see him over here last week but would go if it was free.

Politipall suffers bouts of severe depression on a regular basis as a result of regular drug taking coupled with an inactive social life and an unchallenging lifestyle. He also has a cramp in his mouth from shouting about it all the time.

As my father used to say... that Corey fella is a great judge of character.

ah good aids, humankinds last hope of saviour.

I found it really boring after a while. "then i went here and sold loads of dope, then i went there and sold loads of dope, blah blah blah blah". Bit like smoking dope really.

aye, i found it very dull as well. i dont understand why he has taken this roll of "hero" on for people, unless they are all just stoners and his claims to be able to roll joints with one hand have taken on a messianic significance. i also found his descriptions of the process of becoming involved in large scale drug dealing and importation very dubious: he made it sound as if it "just happened", with little indication of consortment with the seriously nasty elements of the criminal underworld that occurs in reality.

i read his wife's book, 'mrs. Nice (how original eh?) and it was a great read, Marks comes across as a bit more of 'me-feiner' which i think opens up his Mr. Nice book a bit more.
His Dope Sories book was a good read in a throwaway kind of way, it had the ability of being tremendously interesting at some points and 10 minutes later you could put it down like a dog, it had the consistency of a whore's pair of knickers ( a classy one, since she's wearing a pair at all), although over all, i came away liking it. his latest, Senior Nice talks about his travelling in search of his roots and flashes back to some previous stories, but other facets of them that weren't told. it's actually his most interesting but least cool in terms of cool/spliff-ness (although there's a great part where he takes DMT). it's mostly a history book which i found to be far more compulsive to read.

i'd like to see a show of his.

I found his book quite enjoyable but I find it hard to believe that someone who smokes that much weed can remember so many tiny details of his life, all the stoners I know have trouble remembering if they had their brekfast that morning :eek: !zed !zed !zed :confused:

His book was sort of a strange blend of interesting stories, I am terrible intelligent and much cleverer than the authorities, and bitterness.

For a crusty hippy type, he is very bitter. Not that I dont understand why he is bitter, being locked away in a yank jail is rough i'd imagine.

But there is something disingenuous about this super chilled out nice guy he presents on one level, and this continual slightly below the surface, simmering, ferocious anger.
I am not saying that he is not a sound bloke and things. Its just that there seem to be two very different people in Howard Marks, and that always puts me on edge.

I am terrible intelligent...

haha. terribly.

nice one.

but good point though. maybe his mental state has reversed. maybe he was more relaxed & care free when he was young and now that he's older and has no bajilions of pounds for granted and has to actually work. god knows how cynical work has made me!!

definitive drug smuggling book. includes a legendary story about getting old folks to unwittingly smuggle your gear. sabbag is a great pacey writer-heh forgot it is introduced by marks...
1841952257.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back