Website
www.cyprusavenue.ie
Cyprus Avenue
Caroline Street, Cork

presents:

HOUSE OF LOVE
+ guests

SAT 29th JAN

Tickets on sale from PLUGD Records and OLD OAK from Mon 13th Dec.
Tickets: €20
creation88-new.jpg

more details to follow......

I never saw them back in the day. I look forward to seeing them this time round. I wonder how Guy and Terry managed to make up though?

Irish dates are...

Wednesday, January 26 - Belfast, The Limelight
Thursday, January 27 - Derry, Nerve centre
Friday, January 28 - Dublin, The Village
Saturday, January 29 - Cork, Cyprus ave

Hurrah for the House of Love

Boo for the Village - Vicar St would be perfect for them.

jjlikestrains said:
Irish dates are...

Saturday, January 29 - Cork, Cyprus ave

kirstie said:
Hurrah for the House of Love

Boo for the Village - Vicar St would be perfect for them.
Whelans more like. Couldn't see a reformed house of love selling that many tickets to be honest.

Yeah, I guess. The Village puts me off though, I have never really enjoyed a gig there, not even Steven Malkmus...

Robbie Analog said:
Whelans more like. Couldn't see a reformed house of love selling that many tickets to be honest.

kirstie said:
Yeah, I guess. The Village puts me off though, I have never really enjoyed a gig there, not even Steven Malkmus...
I think that had more to do with malkmus being fucking shit rather than the venue in fairness. But I know what you mean.

at a Malkmus gig, if you are a lady (or a gay man), you are really only half there for the tunes.

kirstie said:
It's an odd one is the Village.
I really enjoyed a Kid606/ DJ /rupture gig there. That was a heap of fun. And I thought the best I've seen the Holy Ghost Fathers was their album launch in the Village.
But there has been some shite.
It's definitely not as homely as Whelans.
In clothing terms:
Whelans = Hoodie
The Village = Smart shirt

THE HOUSE OF LOVE Announce Irish Tour For January!

Saturday, January 29 - Cork, Cyprus Avenue

Tickets for all dates on-sale now.

'Shine On', 'I Don't Know Why I Love You', 'The Beatles And The Stones', 'Christine'...

Featuring: Guy Chadwick - vocals, guitar, Terry Bickers - guitar, vocals, Pete Evans - drums, Matt Jury - bass

New album: Days Run Away (28th February 2005) Single: Love You Too Much (14th February 2005)

The House of Love release a new album, their first in eleven years, Days Run Away on Art and Industry Records on Monday 21st February.

The album also sees original guitarist Terry Bickers back in the band after his departure in 1990. The album also features original drummer Pete Evans.

A single Love You Too Much will be available as a limited edition 7" released February 7th. The album was recorded and mixed by Pat Collier and was recorded at Gravity Shack in the summer of 2004. The full track listing is:

Love You Too Much
Gotta Be That Way
Maybe You Know
Kinda Love
Money And Time
Days Run Away
Already Gone
Wheels
Kit Carter
Anyday I Want

The House of Love released their self-titled debut album on Creation Records in 1988. Produced by Pat Collier, it became an instant classic and included the monumental single 'Christine'.

The album was followed in the same year by the single 'Destroy The Heart', which grabbed the top spot in John Peel's Festive Fifty of 1988.

1989 saw the band sign to Fontana. Their debut album for the label, again self titled, released the following year, spawned the singles 'Shine On', 'I Don't Know Why I Love You' and 'The Beatles And The Stones'.

Two further albums followed for Fontana, Babe Rainbow (1992) and Audience With the Mind (1993).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back