Hope Is Noise & I'll Eat Your Face || Limerick - May 17th (1 Viewer)

Ciarán R

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
HOPE IS NOISE & I'LL EAT YOUR FACE
THURSDAY MAY 17TH
FREE SHOW, UNDERGROUND AT BAKER PLACE
followed by Kennel District Djs til late

"Applaud friends… the comedy is over", is the debut album from Cork alt. rockers Hope is Noise. A collection of songs, which document the evolution of their sound and attitude, fueled by a desire to break free from a past which has plagued them. This desire is vented through the scalding bark of the vocals laced with rejection, heartbreak and uplifting revenge. A new approach emphasised by angular, melody driven riffs and explosive choruses. The album was recorded by Ciaran O' Shea of Cyclefly fame.

The band have been together since 1997 under various guises, but finally settled with the name Hope is Noise in 2005. Their new approach has been well received by peers and music fans alike, so much so, that they won "Best New Cork Band 2005" in The Cork Independent. The last year has proven very successful for the band, playing The Murphy's Live Semi-final (2006), IMRO showcase (2006), Spiegeltent, and Hard Working Class Heroes festival (2006). The band are also going on a 2 week tour of the west coast of The States in August, supporting San Diego band Hostile Comb-Over. No strangers to playing abroad, the band have also twice played the "Rubberfreshtival " rock/metal festival in Salzburg, Austria.

Releases to date include:

"Words to burn you"…2005, recorded by Robbie Sexton of Blink.

"The worm has turned"…2006, recorded also by Ciaran O' Shea.

Check out two tracks from the album on the HOPE IS NOISE myspace:
www.myspace.com/hopeisnoise

Album is a co-release between Squint and Draw records and Rimbaud records.
Joining Hope Is Noise are the excellent grindmetal/ goodtime merchants I'll Eat Your Face, also from Cork. I'll Eat Your Face have just released their own CD/DVD which will also be available at the show
www.myspace.com/illeatyourfaceireland

Upcoming Kennel District Nights
all at Underground (Baker Place), Tait Sq, Limerick

* Thursday 24th May - Tina Turbo & Gargotha Sun (followed by kennel district djs). 10pm. FREE
* Friday 15th June - Dry County w/guests Hooray For Humans & Alkali Flat. (followed by kennel district djs). 9pm. €6

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back