Hoovers & Sledgehammers release debut single 'Joyridin' May 4th (1 Viewer)

Simplistic Cow

Members Igor Honey and Earl Mustard have been producing music since 2004 and have amassed a generous back catalogue of songs-5 albums worth, with each album averaging 30 songs or more. Their latest independent release is "sex offenders in your medicine cabinet". They like playing gigs, chocolate, fine whisky and Kylie Minogue. They will be releasing their first single-Joyridin' on the 4th May 2007 on Simplistic Cow.

Tower Records In-store Sat May 5th @ 4pm

Next shows:

12 April Boom Boom Room
3rd May PANDAmonium @ The Hub with Frank Sidebottom.

A review from Mongrel Magazine
Hoovers & Sledgehammers
Ask Me Nicely
Hilarious home- made Irish rock with production values so low none of you unhardened civilians should even risk exposing yourselves to it. After listening to about 150 nondescript indie albums in a row however, this truly is the stuff that keeps me alive. The four page track by- track commentary that comes with Ask Me Nicely is helpful: “I’ll Fucken Stab Ye You Cunt"is a very vicious song the lyrics are aggressive with the narrator having no hope no future and no feelings towards anyone not even his mother who he also stabbed.” The lyrics are equally unorthodox: Potatoes, carrots you could grow in me ears / But if I was naked, ah Jesus, I’d have you in tears! In conclusion Hoovers & Sledgehammers, your album is really, really terrible – keep up the good work please!
60%
Butler

Hoovers Myspace www.myspace.com/viruswithfootwear

It may appeared on one of their previous 20,000 albums but never released as a single. Also, it's a brand new recording which they did with Lee from Inglewood studios.

I'm probably gonna keep bumping this thread till May 4th. So here it goes. I like toes,
you bleedin cunt bucket. There. I said it.

WellI don't agree with that

Who'd win in a fight between Hoovers & Sledgehammers and the Warlords of Pez?

Mess fighting, of course.

Even mess fighting, I recon the Warlords would wipe the floor with us for the following resons:

1: There are 9 of them versus 2 of us.
2: They have a combined weight of 4.2 metric tonnes.
3: They are aliens (lads) from Pez (Ballybrack), i.e extremely dangerous.
4: They are all trained wrestlers.

:eek:

This week in Hoover land.

Thurs night (May 3rd) PandaMONIUM at The Hub with Frank Sidebottom, Pinky, and the Worthwhile Experience.

And then

Sat 5th May Tower Records instore. 4PM.

The single will also be available as a download from www.hooversandsledgehammers.com

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
SINGLE PROMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back