HOOT NIGHT...because pain can be a beautiful thing./Janet Jackson (1 Viewer)

Ian said:
The Hoot's are getting better and better all the time...

Personal Highlight's for me, that reaaaaly captured the spirit of the night were:
Susan Enan's song about the orphan girl totally floored me
Jessie & Layla's cover of Blue Valentine, beautifully sung in a Billy Holiday stylee
people joining in for the chorus of Being Boring was lovely for me to hear...

other highs: Two Little boys and Till I die
Your stuff sounded really good from where I was crouched, Ian, though I had to strain to hear a lot of what was happening up front. Both Herm and the Jimmy Cake gave it all some great drama. And, of course, without Mr Dunning himself ,the Hoot would be merely a Hoo (whatever that means).

A stunning time was had by all.

Moon River brought me to the edge of tears, except i wasn't quite nearly drunk enough.
and Carol's rendition of Bright Eyes is one that will remain with me for a long, long time
and evryone singing the harmonies to Time After Time, ah bless...

jane said:
Your stuff sounded really good from where I was crouched, Ian,

Thanks Janeymack, good to finally put a face to your name... in fact, is that a young you in your avatar?

Ian said:
Thanks Janeymack, good to finally put a face to your name... in fact, is that a young you in your avatar?
No, no, I didn't discover the sublime pleasure of nicotine until I was at least ten. That child couldn't be older than nine and three quarters.

My avatar was shamelessly lifted from an important government document that reminds us that you're never too young to worry about cigarette safety:

http://www.whitehouse.org/kids/tobacco.asp

While, you're there, I also recommend playing the Ronald Reagan Memory Game:

http://www.whitehouse.org/kids/reagangame.asp

Oh, and if you miss the Reader Mail section of that site, you're missing some of the greatest self-parody since Winning Streak.

http://www.whitehouse.org/feedback/20.asp

'SUBJECT = Pinkos and pinkies
NAME = Pinko Scum
MESSAGE = What's the difference between a pinko and a pinky? Sometimes a pinky smells like shit but a pinko IS shit. Which one are you???'

And, those Nobel folks in Norway certainly overlooked this one (the one on 'Sex Slavery' that tells the real story of Christina Aguilera):

http://www.whitehouse.org/feedback/17.asp

man o the match for me has to be the lad from My Brother Woody - top notch. also thought Tom's last tune was goodo. fair crowd there too.

i had a really good night too. highlights for me (apart from myself and anna getting to live out our childhood dream of being in the shangri-las) included my brother woody's "until i die", carol's bunnytastic bright eyes and the john cale song she did with paul, patrick's "moon river", and jessie and layla's "blue valentine".

Highlights...

Realising I used to work in pizza hut with Mumblin' Deaf Ro
Two Little Boys (my Daddy used to sing it to me)
Simon O'Connor nearly creaming himself when Layla and Jesse sang that Iris deMente song.
The audience being so damn well behaved and attentive.
Thomas (born to MC) Dunning

Lowlights...

getting so drunk that I didn't wake up to collect my missus from the Airport ON VALENTINES DAY!! Oh boy, was I in trouble.

Also,
Appologies to Herm for (ahem) forcing myself on them. i was really drunk, and they were dressed so provocatively - who could blame me for getting the horn out.

I arrived late but enjoyed it. Them Cakes and Herm were particularly good of the few I saw.

One thing though.. One of those 4 PA speakers should have been stuck up the back. I was straining to hear stuff at times (although maybe I should have tried shutting up more ;)). Anyways well done Mr. S :)

The Chilli King said:
Also,
Appologies to Herm for (ahem) forcing myself on them. i was really drunk, and they were dressed so provocatively - who could blame me for getting the horn out.

I also want to apologise to the lad from Herm for subjecting him to the 'the name Herm is like Herv and you look like Herv' thing. I wasn't even drunk yet.

roxy said:
Oh my god that's wrecking my head. For a game, it's very cruel and unsporting. :(
Sadly, I have played it for long enough to find out that eventually, it does let you win.

That Ronald Reagan -- such a HOOT! Wasn't just jellybeans and arms for hostages, ya know!

Also on the 'kids'' page, I recommend that you 'watch spot and barney play'. Very rewarding, indeed, though what would the Supreme Court say?

jane said:
Sadly, I have played it for long enough to find out that eventually, it does let you win.

That Ronald Reagan -- such a HOOT! Wasn't just jellybeans and arms for hostages, ya know!

Also on the 'kids'' page, I recommend that you 'watch spot and barney play'. Very rewarding, indeed, though what would the Supreme Court say?
Yes!! Finally bagged Nancy.

i think it was the girl after them that played an iris de ment track. Layla and jesse were marvellous, you just dont hear vocals like that nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back