Homeless World Cup 2005 in Scotland - July 20 – 24th (1 Viewer)

Re: Homeless World Cup 2005 in Scotland - July 20 – 24th

Ive helped organise the last two Irish teams that entered the World Cup and I can assure you that it is deadly craic at the competition..

The Irish Lads won their section last year in Sweden!! So for once an Irish team is going into a World Cup as defending champions!

Its an amazing experience meeting people from throughout the World with similar experiences and backgrounds that for a week can come together as sportspeople and be treated as heroes!!

There should be quite a few Irish heads going over.. see y'all over there...:)

i'm not taking the piss - but did anyone see the irish squad on tvam or gmpm or tvgmtv3 or whatever the show on tv3 is last year?
anyway - the lads were BOLLO! it was funny as hell - they were falling over plant pots and having a mad laugh and shit (y'se guys know i'm into that) and generally not able to kick a ball.
anyways, tv3 put them up in whatever that hotel is in tallaght, my mate used to work there and apparantly they were up all night the night before drinking buckfast and fighting eachother in the hallways!

again, not taking the piss - i just thought it was funny

andrew

MONDOBRUTALE said:
i'm not taking the piss - but did anyone see the irish squad on tvam or gmpm or tvgmtv3 or whatever the show on tv3 is last year?
anyway - the lads were BOLLO! it was funny as hell - they were falling over plant pots and having a mad laugh and shit (y'se guys know i'm into that) and generally not able to kick a ball.
anyways, tv3 put them up in whatever that hotel is in tallaght, my mate used to work there and apparantly they were up all night the night before drinking buckfast and fighting eachother in the hallways!

again, not taking the piss - i just thought it was funny

andrew

Still better behaved than Paul McGrath then?

Oooh Aaah

312520.jpg

Cormcolash said:
Oooh Aaah

312520.jpg

do you remember when paul mcgrath was arrested in england and he said he was of no fixed abode...do you think we could get him on the homeless team?? a bit like tony cascarino being as irish as oliver cromwell

andrew

MONDOBRUTALE said:
do you remember when paul mcgrath was arrested in england and he said he was of no fixed abode...do you think we could get him on the homeless team?? a bit like tony cascarino being as irish as oliver cromwell

andrew

Here's the homeless World Cup team, Paul McGrath and Iain Dowie in the same squad!

All-Irish_Team_2003.jpg

*bump*
(i know the thread is old but for discussion pusposes im digging it up rather than starting a new one)

i only heard about this today but i think it's a great idea for an annual event. i think they just held the last one in south africa -was reading a story today about two filmmakers who filmed one of the teams and their journey there and how sad it is once it's all over and they have to go back to reality - still a great idea i think, definitely somehting people should support.

-crikey i'm on 8999 posts, gonna have to think about somehting amazing to write for my next one :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back