StreetSeen

Website
www.streetseennews.blogspot.com
What a day!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.ph...e#comment129480

The homeless are still revolting!!!

video link to footage of yesterdays protest, dial up and broadband versions......rough edit!!!

http://www.radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/11/7759.php

thats fecking priceless the guards getting locked in.......ha ha ha ha!!!!!! suckers!!!!!

29th November

Homeless petition to be handed into the Taoiseach

At the Dáil, Kildare street,

Wednesday 30th November 1 o’clock

Over the course of the last couple of months Street Seen, a campaigning anti poverty newspaper, has been gathering signatures in support of their demand to the government to hand over the proceeds of the sale of the UCD veterinary site in Ballsbridge to Dublin City Council for the purpose of eradicating homelessness in the capital. The support from the public for this demand has been massive, with 20,000 people having added their names to the petition. The sale of this site takes place on the same day that Street Seen will be handing their petition into the Taoiseach’s office. The petitions will be handed in at 1 o’clock at the front entrance of the Dáil

Mark Grehan a spokesperson for Street Seen

“The level of support from the public has been incredible. 20,000 people in Dublin have joined in our demand for the government to hand over the proceeds of the sale to Dublin City Council to eradicate homelessness. This site is valued at over 100 million euros. That money is desperately needed in the fight against homelessness. Homelessness is a social problem that requires a political solution, and most importantly the political will to implement the solution. To date the government has not shown the political will. Handing over the proceeds of the sale would send a signal to the homeless community that the government is finally beginning to seriously address this issue.”

Tommy (24 years of age) a member of the homeless community

“The government has not been addressing our needs properly. We have been constantly ignored by the government. The government should hand over the proceeds of the sale to the Council as we are extremely vulnerable and are in desperate need of help. People are dying on our streets and the government doesn’t seem to care. The huge numbers of the public who have signed this petition shows that we have a large support.”

For further details:

Mark Grehan 087 7974622
Jon Glackin 086 8885779

remember that a lot of people on that site are very, very young. i think ignoring it would be a far better response than trying to sensationalise it.

well i mean thats not really an excuse damo is it? there's nobody really younger than around 15-16 on there, and by that stage you know the score when it comes to these things. you know racism. you know whats goin on around you, of course you do. so there's no real point in ignoring something because of the age they are when they say it.

i think some people take a lot longer to cop on to things than others, but you're right in a way.

damien said:
remember that a lot of people on that site are very, very young. i think ignoring it would be a far better response than trying to sensationalise it.

To me thats the scary part..

I dunno bout you when I was 'young' I wanted to tear down walls either with a hammer or run fast enough at it..

I hear the echoes there of what pater regaled the d4 assembled tipsy crowd at the latest golf outing repeated by the awkward teenager who will grow out of the 'look' when he goes to finest college that money can offer...

I dont think one can sensationalise such drivel willingly so Im kinda guessing that w put the link there to highlight the keek that some people say or even scaringly believe...
:eek:
or I cud be wrong...
feck em...
anybody about on Tuesday for more madness????
;)

john you media-whore, would you ever get off my tv/radio/irish times.. sake
;)

Also, the fact that the people who post on pfi are individuals. Some people say some ridiculous shit, but thats why the discussion board is there. Thats why I started that thread, to get that kind of discourse going so these young people will maybe think about it, and maybe their inherited prejudices and conservative ideals will be challanged?

and now that I read back over the thread on pfi, it's only one chap who said that stuff. And everyone else is putting forward good rational arguments to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back