Homebrew Crew (1 Viewer)

contrariwise

Website
www.easpameasa.cjb.net
Would any body be interested in getting together on a semi-regular basis, maybe once a month and making/drinking homebrew/sharing skills/tips for good homebrew.

If so, i propose my gaf which is pretty centrally located for a night where interested parties could begin by "learning" how to make beer from the gunk you buy in a can, then drink some ... i made earlier....
cos that's all i know how to do.

Clodagh

I'd be up for that! I got a book on homebrew brew which I never used. I used to make a 12.5% cider called SuiCider when I was 16. I remember giving my ma a bottle and having to put her to bed later that night. Quality stuff.

i made beer that was about 10% last month tasted sweet!!! its a good idea but not too sure if any of us boggers would be travvellin up.....a good few out this way make it on a regular basis i can try get sum tips together.
theres a recipe for fruit beer in bogul num 2. tis dead easy and tasty but not so alchoholic unfortunitly...its only about 3 or 4 %

Don't tell any of the spas here, but the secret is lots of time, lots of sugar and lots of yeast.
I think the yeast dies after a certain point of alcohol strength. I don't think I'd like to try distilled cider. I don't think I could even drink a pint of the stuff again. *bleghhh*

This is the internet. You havn't been talking at your screen all this time have you?

Yes, I'm definately up for this. I got a book too called brew it yourself. The cider was truely awful, and that melon stuff...
But i think the lesson to be learned is that when they say sterilise, they mean it.

the main thing ,i find, is to keep all yer equipment completely spotless , wash everything in dissinfectant at least twice, not for hygine purposes peticularly but it gets rid of any bacteria that eats the alcahol ,and theres nothin worse then waiting a month and then ya try leave a week longer cause ya know itll taste better, then ya craic it open drink 10 pints and...nothing.

Re: Homebrew Crew Wednesday 19th May

How does the above date suit, instead of the punk movie night, perhaps...
Location: Byrneos & my flat which is north side city centre, 5 minutes form O'Connell Street (pm or text 0876983040 for directions) 7.30pm
[Kilcoole people! please come you'll defo get the last bus home!]

We'll "demonstrate" how we make homebrew beer (i.e. from a can) and then dicuss the finer points of the process over a few glasses of some lager that has been maturing since early april.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back