Herv in Lazybird, Sun 14th Dec. Snap Hands launch. (1 Viewer)

compactrisc

Website
www.compactrisc.net
Snap Hands is the debut album by Herv. It’s going to be released at an album launch gig in Lazybird (upstairs in the International bar, Wicklow street, Dublin 2) on next Sunday the 14th of December. It’s a measly four euros in, and the album will be available on the night at a special reduced price. Herv will be playing live, and support is from The Last Sound.

Snap Hands is a 14-track swarm of frantic syncopated percussion and 8-bit melody, punctuated by warm accordian and layered violin and cello lines. The Wire magazine thought it was "like watching late period Rick Wakeman being attacked by robots made out of old spring coils". They meant that as a good thing, by the way.

Herv has played live over the last while with The Jimmy Cake, Estel, Dalek, Max Tundra, Jape, Spectac, Formika and Papercop, amongst others, and has played at the Mór Festival, the Dublin Electronic Arts Festival (DEAF) and the Dublin Fringe Festival.

Some Herv mp3s:

"Corrective Action" (about 4.4mb).

"Fast Food, Slow Women" (about 4.7mb).

"Demian" (about 4.2mb).

Snap Hands is being released by Compactrisc records and Sinkorswim records and is risc006/sos001.

Links:
www.compactrisc.net.
www.compactrisc.net/herv.
www.sinkorswimrecords.com.
www.lazybird.org.
www.thelastsound.com.

grim, the only day this month that i can't go to a gig. stupid exams :mad:

potlatch said:
Ha! You wouldn't have gone anyway.
Hey, fuck you!, you don't know nothing about nothing. Just cuz i hate music and going to gigs(especially gigs you might be at) proves nothing.

potlatch said:
You go to the thing on Thursday?

Aye, didn't stay long, don't like that bar, just the usual suspects there, with a few new folks.

bah, can't go to this. though i did (cue mystic music) dream last night that the entire warp records site was devoted to how brilliant this album was.

a nice timely reminder to do something with the sinkorswim site.

people:

the last sound + herv = fucking great night of electronic music.

edit: that's 'top jums' in thumpedspeak.

to give a vague idea...
snap_hands.jpg

cookiemonster said:
This is on the same night as 'Here Comes the Night Live' and Neosupervital & Michael Knight. :( :( :(
well, you could run from one to the other, in a mad dash from avant-techno-squeedling-that-you-can-dance-to over to poptastic-tunes-with-an-arched-eyebrow-that-you-can-dance-to.

oh, by the way, the boy herv's new haircut will be on show at this gig as well... and i'm going to wear clogs. but not on my feet.

tom. said:
oh, by the way, the boy herv's new haircut will be on show at this gig as well... and i'm going to wear clogs. but not on my feet.

i'm thinking about cutting it actually. its becoming a bit billy ray cyrusy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back