compactrisc

Website
www.compactrisc.net
Herv
(compactrisc - live set)
+ DJ Modh Coinniolach
+ Short films and visuals
+ lots of other music

Ewan Hennelly, aka Herv, will be playing at ClubHeadBangBang in Tralee on Thursday 2nd of December. Herv has become one of Ireland's best-known electronic musicians in the past five years, releasing a considerable catalogue of music on labels at home and abroad. His live sets are based on using a laptop and a Nintendo Gameboy running custom software, and incorporate frantic swarms of 8-bit melody and syncopated percussion, punctuated by warm accordion and violin lines.

Herv has played with Max Tundra, The Jimmy Cake, Dalek, Estel, Jape, Spectac, The Last Sound and others. He has played at the Mor Festival and DEAF (the Dublin Electronic Arts Festival), and has had videos for his music shown on RTE's No Disco and more recently as part of the Darklight film festival. He has recieved glowing reviews from The Irish Times, Foggy Notions and Mongrel magazine, amongst others. He co-runs the Compactrisc record label with Tom O'Doherty. DJ Modh Coinniolach, also playing on the night, plays glitchy hip hop, avant-garde pop music, post-punk hits (and misses), Austrian marching band music from the 1840s and snippets of Fugazi and Autechre.

ClubHeadBangBang is a new night in Tralee, which has been organised by a group of like-minded people who are sick of talking about shite and stifled Tralee's music scene is. So instead of talking about it, we have tried to do something about it. We all come from different backgrounds and have different skills and interests, but the group is by no means closed; if you have something which you think would make ClubHeadBangBang more interesting then please join us. We are trying to create a night which is as diverse as possible, with different musical styles, DJs and performers, visuals, short films, etc.

For more information on Herv, see www.compactrisc.net. For more information on Club Head Bang Bang, email [email protected].

compactrisc said:
+ DJ Modh Coinniolach

Ha.

Sudden reminders of terrifying Leaving Cert Irish classes.

Does anyone remember the cuigiu diochlaonadh (sp?), or was that just an obsession of our Irish teacher? I think it's the 'fifth declension' as Bearla. Something to do with... nouns, I think.

ITalkShite said:
Sudden reminders of terrifying Leaving Cert Irish classes.

Does anyone remember the cuigiu diochlaonadh (sp?), or was that just an obsession of our Irish teacher?

or what about 'an tuiseal ginideach'? evil. sounds like a baddy from bosco.

snap-apple said:
or what about 'an tuiseal ginideach'? evil. sounds like a baddy from bosco.

more of an aimsir chaite man myself. much more relaxing. chuaigh me go dti an pairc. not teigh me go dti on pairc - aimsir laithreach. or rachaidh me go dti an pairc - aimsir fhaistineach. the modh conniolach is summat like: rachadh go dti an pairc.

that's all off the top of my head. amendments welcome. it's been a while since the leaving cert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back