Heroin (The band) (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I saw Drive Like Jehu,I believe it irks Bernard a little when people tell him they saw them.
No gripes with fugazi,except the last two or three records were shit.

yea i'll give ya that.the instrument thing was the last great thing they did.
hot snakes played a Jehu song when they were here, does that count? what were they like when you saw them?did it achieve total heaviosity

I thought instrument was terrible.
They were great when I saw them,just totally into it. But it was years ago and I don't remember many details.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I thought instrument was terrible.
They were great when I saw them,just totally into it. But it was years ago and I don't remember many details.

the video i mean, not the pish-posh soundtrack.how could you think it was terrible,it covers mainly the recording of red medecine and some classic early footage?

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I thought the video was shit too. I hate when footage doesn't sync(?)up with the sound.

yea some of it's like that but the early live vesion of waiting room, red medicine sessions?!?

The last two Fugazi records were great. Well End Hits wasnt amazing but the first five songs are :eek:. The Argument is just brilliant. How can you not like it?

Talking of Jehu, does Atom Jack ever get stuck in anyones head for days and nearly drive them mad?

Ciaran Mackle said:
The last two Fugazi records were great. Well End Hits wasnt amazing but the first five songs are :eek:. The Argument is just brilliant. How can you not like it?

Probably has something to do with hearing them from the demo onwards,as they were released at the time. Very few bands have that many good records in them. The last records are boring as hell.

the argument is an amazing record. im not too gone on end hits, but its not as bad as steady diet of nothing.

anyway, i think it's cool that ciaran has such good taste in music. not many people like such good shit when they've just turned 17.

I honestly would have to go back and listen to the last few again,I just remember them as not being nearly as exciting as earlier records. For me the peak was the rather obvious Repeater. Probably has a lot to do with seeing them then,live those songs reached new levels. Sometimes writing catchy songs is good.

Alan Remorse said:
anyway, i think it's cool that ciaran has such good taste in music. not many people like such good shit when they've just turned 17.

:) Thanks!

Oh and here Steady Diet of Nothing is great Alan! Dont diss it.

i dunno.. i just think it sounds really dated now.. and there's something about it that feels so "slow" and laboured... it really doesnt compare to the likes of Repeater or In On The Killtaker (which as we all know is the best fugazi album)

Alan Remorse said:
i dunno.. i just think it sounds really dated now.. and there's something about it that feels so "slow" and laboured... it really doesnt compare to the likes of Repeater or In On The Killtaker (which as we all know is the best fugazi album)

I just love the atmosphere of that album. There something about the kinda cold production that just suits it. Long Division really benefits from it I think. Nice New Outfit is also one one of my favourite Fugazi songs. Yeh Killtaker and the Argument are probaly my favourite Fugazi albums.

Heroin were a great band,them and angel hair are the best of the gravity bands I reckon.

Personally I think steady diet of nothing is a bit rubbish,some good songs though but my least favourite Fugazi record.

Gary did you see Fugazi in the Redbox that time?

I think the Redbox gig was one of the few irish gigs by them I missed. I missed them the first time,I was too young and only found out too late to organise it. and didn't get to any of the gigs outside dublin/belfast.

The Redbox gig was class.Most of the material was the later stuff as they had the two drummer thing happenin.I have to say the end hits and argument stuff really sounded great live with the two especially break.As usual their early stuff rocked hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back