Heroin (The band) (1 Viewer)

mackle

Worship them

Most important hardcore band of the 90s!

grv020.gif

i prefer heroin - the drug - most important hardcore drug of the forever.

here, Ciaran, what's this 19 months stuff? forgive my old-man canuck ignoramusness...

was gonna suggest born against. i met one of their drummers one time. he also played in skull kontrol and universal order of armaggedon. heres me *swoon*

yeah but they kicked off that entire west coast sound, which fed back into hardcore in a big way, plus they kicked off math rock while they were at it, plus they only stopped cos of rocket from the crypt.
but yeah you're right.

But,they just sounded like an extension of Pitchfork who in turn just sounded like Fugazi. ( I would go as far as saying Fugazi would be 3rd best of those 3)Not that Born Against or Crudos were remotely original,but the two of them kickstarted lagging hardcore scenes the world over,bringing an element of politics back on board.

they only sound like pitchfork cos it's the same guy singing!
pitchfork = fairly basic punk rock with a strong DC influence
jehu = fucked up time signatures, 7 minute long dirges, fucked up riffage.

i agree with what you're saying on crudos and BA though

Same guitar players too,they could easy pass off as the same band. When the Pitchfork 7" came out,it got constant Fugazi comparisons. When the first Jehu record came out Sonic Youth got added to the comparisons. Still amazing.
Oh,did I ever tell you I'm one of the handful of people on here who saw them? (sorry to be such a wanker)

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Same guitar players too,they could easy pass off as the same band. When the Pitchfork 7" came out,it got constant Fugazi comparisons. When the first Jehu record came out Sonic Youth got added to the comparisons. Still amazing.
Oh,did I ever tell you I'm one of the handful of people on here who saw them? (sorry to be such a wanker)

see who?pitchfork? What were they like? What's your gripe with Fugazi by the by?

hermie said:
see who?pitchfork? What were they like? What's your gripe with Fugazi by the by?

I saw Drive Like Jehu,I believe it irks Bernard a little when people tell him they saw them.
No gripes with fugazi,except the last two or three records were shit.

used to like heroin alot,rarely listen to them anymore though and there were definetly more influential hardcore bands then them in the 90s.

I think Hatebreed are the most influential hardcore band of the late nineties.
What do you think Gary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back