Hero Dishonest, Dagda, etc gig tomorrow MOVED to Kilcoole!!! (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
no thanks to the green lizard...

HERO DISHONEST (fin)
THE DAGDA
PUGET SOUND
EASPA MEASA
GIMPMASK TERROR!!!

Paddy's Hall, Kilcoole (thats the small room in the community hall, NOT the scout den). ask a local if your not sure.

SUN 12 SEPT
doors 6pm, over by 10

84 bus to kilcoole leaves town at: 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, returns at 9.35pm, 10.55pm

all ages welcome

oh, and please pass this info on to anyone you think may be interested. thanks..
hero dishonest totally ripped the past two nights so this gig is gonna be incredible..

sorry about this. basically the story was that after the gig that was shut down in the green lizard i was told that last nights gig would still be fine, and i was planning to set up the bands in a different corner of the room to try and minimise noise problems. then on friday i got a text letting me know that the venue manager has been "told by the owners to pull all of your gigs as they do not wish to have the bands you promote play their (sic)".
thankfully turlough (and the coolies in general who all helped out last night) saved the day and made it possible for a gig to happen somewhere.

damien said:
sorry about this. basically the story was that after the gig that was shut down in the green lizard i was told that last nights gig would still be fine, and i was planning to set up the bands in a different corner of the room to try and minimise noise problems. then on friday i got a text letting me know that the venue manager has been "told by the owners to pull all of your gigs as they do not wish to have the bands you promote play their (sic)".
thankfully turlough (and the coolies in general who all helped out last night) saved the day and made it possible for a gig to happen somewhere.
fucked up. will i lose punk points if i point out that this is a serious breach of contract and you could (technically) sue...

i think it was you who told me that before (when the music room closed down).
any ideas on how i could persue the matter?

damien said:
i think it was you who told me that before (when the music room closed down).
any ideas on how i could persue the matter?
realistically, only if you lost money. it's probably not worth doing unless it's an amount that has a serious impact on you, cos then it wouldn't really be worth a lawyer's time...
but you'd get a lawyer to write or call up and say 'my client damien had a verbal contract with you that you would hire the room to him on (date) for the purposes of (gig) and by breaking this verbal contract you have cost my client (whatever you lost).'
then they'd have to pay you what you lost on the gig, or alternatively laugh it off, in which case you'd want to take em to court for the loss and the legal fees.
problem... proving that you'd guaranteed the band an amount, and that you paid them it.
bigger problem... it would need to be an amount that covered the costs of the lawyer!

i could be wrong on all that.

to summarise: in theory, it's really fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back