Here's wots bin making me ears smile (2 Viewers)

Wheels said:
Em, so if 'obscure' bands/acts release eponymously titled albums, that makes them extra nerdy and cool? Look in the rock and pop section of any record store, you'll notice that it's quite a common practise. In fact I think bands/acts have been doing it since the 50's or something like that. And you're suggesting that I'm listing music that you haven't heard of just to feel superior to other people? Yes, you're right, that's exactly why I started this thread.
In fact, I don't want anyone else to listen to the same music as me 'cos they're MY bands, and you can't have them. You wouldn't GET them anyway.

Go pick a fight on Creative Ireland if you feel the need to get into slagging match.

:p

very sensitive today mr wheels. not getting enough 7 inches lately? :D

you werent listing to feel superior. you were just showing off. i wouldnt need to 'have them' cos i got battles and you cant have them 'cos i'm taking that ep out of my shared folder right now :p

i dont pick fights on creative ireland some people dont like that i have an opinion, thats all.

frambosenshmak said:
very sensitive today mr wheels. not getting enough 7 inches lately? :D

you werent listing to feel superior. you were just showing off. i wouldnt need to 'have them' cos i got battles and you cant have them 'cos i'm taking that ep out of my shared folder right now :p

i dont pick fights on creative ireland some people dont like that i have an opinion, thats all.
i bet wheels doesn't ever 'get' battles ;)

hag said:
hey, is creative ireland more confrontational than thumped?

to a degree. i know someone who got banned:eek:

i remember when i first set foot in there with an opinion that countered the point made by the person who started the topic, who was a 'member' (and will remain nothing more than a particular type of member in my books) i got an onslaught of insults from other 'members' as opposed to people trying to counter my point in an educated manner.

but hei, there are some gems of discussions and links and little bits of inspiration there too so its worth a look.

you'd love it hag but i dont know if you're creative enough:p i believe there is a drawing exam and a guess the font questionnaire at sign up now.

dont think anyone knows pitchfork on that site!baggyyyy

hag said:
i bet wheels doesn't ever 'get' battles ;)

i dont get them either. dont think i'll try.

i just remembered you mentioned them before and i gave it a listen and i kind of like 'em. its not stuff that blows my mind or that i have to play on loop all week but i give them a blast every so often.

frambosenshmak said:
i dont get them either. dont think i'll try.

i just remembered you mentioned them before and i gave it a listen and i kind of like 'em. its not stuff that blows my mind or that i have to play on loop all week but i give them a blast every so often.
oh, that was a joke. i don't 'get' music in general.

frambosenshmak said:
you'd love it hag but i dont know if you're creative enough:p i believe there is a drawing exam and a guess the font questionnaire at sign up now.
have you ever seen any of my paintings? no... thought not. i'll create them a new asshole.

hag said:
have you ever seen any of my paintings? no... thought not. i'll create them a new asshole.

hei you didnt give me a chance to answer.

ehhh..... hmmm... have i seen any of hags paintings... let me see.... eh.... no. i havent seen any of your paintings. i'd like to. are they dirty newdy ones?

if you're only giving them one new asshole then i'm guessing you're more of a classical painter than a modern ar(se)tist*

*SORRY. COULDNT RESIST BAD GAG

frambosenshmak said:
hei you didnt give me a chance to answer.

ehhh..... hmmm... have i seen any of hags paintings... let me see.... eh.... no. i havent seen any of your paintings. i'd like to. are they dirty newdy ones?

if you're only giving them one new asshole then i'm guessing you're more of a classical painter than a modern ar(se)tist*

*SORRY. COULDNT RESIST BAD GAG
my style bridges surrealism and expressionism, shapes and colours and things that don't look quite right. i'll show you next time you're in my bedroom.

hag said:
my style bridges surrealism and expressionism, shapes and colours and things that don't look quite right. i'll show you next time you're in my bedroom.

hang on a minute.... we're still talking paintings here? right?

i'll have to bring a chaperone. i'm not allowed in gentlemens boudoirs unaccompanied. company policy.

my style borders on madness and futurism, objects shapes and sounds that are disturbingly real yet evoke a certain uncontrollable emotion that will either have you sobbing or laughing. a vertible feast of sensory indulgence.

frambosenshmak said:
hang on a minute.... we're still talking paintings here? right?

i'll have to bring a chaperone. i'm not allowed in gentlemens boudoirs unaccompanied. company policy.

my style borders on madness and futurism, objects shapes and sounds that are disturbingly real yet evoke a certain uncontrollable emotion that will either have you sobbing or laughing. a vertible feast of sensory indulgence.
hmmmmm... sounds like my chili. which reminds me........

frambosenshmak said:
your chilli is futuristic! whoa... that cant be good for you
yeah, you feel full before you eat it. kind of like the sensation you get when you meet me for the first time, no? ;)

muertos vivientes! said:
pan american is pretty cool too, same guy

Labradford was a couple of guys i think, pan american was a solo project.
I love what Labradford do, especially on that M.M.N. album: very simple, subtle but incredibly emotional and soothing. Some of the tracks (track 3 especially, and track 1- the names i cannot recall for they are only letters) are extremely moving and beautiful.
Their "festival of drifting" gigs with David Pajo a few years ago were wonderful also.

zonn: from day one
the crane dance: TCD
wobble: it's all I know
Argie Bargie: come on now
Dave Wring: life
Rush Effect: Vol2
Conspiracy Conspiracy: documentation

Bag'o'cans said:
Its like they all work in the same office and post stupid pictures of themselves and eachother, i've learned to hate them.

in theory you could apply your statement to this site too. a lot of people here seem to work in the same shitty jobs and post stupid shit too (granted it is far funnier on this site and i've seen some that are worthwhile).

most of those you hate, from your description, tend to be from advertising and well.... these days advertisers are down there with lawyers and the tax man.

Dutchy said:
hymies basement - Why? from cLOUDDEAD and andrew brodner from fog team up to record a song a day for two weeks and the results are just as good as anything either of them have done before (as far as i know).

I bought this last night cause you said it was good as anything they've done, and I was all hyped over Why?'s album...Anyhow it's bloody deadly, first track is a total jaw dropper, the sketchy piano stuff is great, yeah basically can't wait to go home and play it some more.

so, eh yeah, cheers!

I'm listening to Archer Prewitt, its a little 'pink' and soft, but good enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back